Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Preparing...
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new complete guide to self sufficiency-John Seymour

This is the best book i have ever read about living off the grid and surviving without using shops ect.

I would recommend it for anyone who wishes to live self sufficiently, the book is fairly dated and a bit odd and it does underestimate the difficulty of the job.

But it's a great book, the best i've read on this topic.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah i agree he does kind of skim over some stuff and make it sound easier than it really is but overall he is really good.
If he went into complete detail about every subject required for running a small holding self sufficiently his books would be too heavy to lift. I think he goes into enough detail to allow the reader to decide whether it's something they need to know more about, and also gives enough information on most things for people to muddle through if they can't find information elsewhere.

It also needs to be remembered that he is aiming at a UK audience so not everything is going to apply to other countries and climates.

I also agree that his books are the best available and would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to explore off the grid living.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seymour

I suppose in his day and with his influences like William Cobbett it was a lot easier. That's the life they lead. We're just a bunch of softies in comparison to a farm hand working 12 hours.

Whenever I feel like giving up or just think it's all too hard I watch to this video of John Seymour.

Probably a British thing, but it gets my arse in gear :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.