Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jogger Finds Gun SWAT Team Cop Forgot After Stand-Off

Video - http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=227333

SWAT Team cop forgets to pick up gun after stand-off
Reported by: Kerry Kinsey
Last Update: 11/22 10:42 pm
Related Video |
Print Story | Email Story
Set Text Size Small Set Text Size Medium Set Text Size Large Set Text Size X-Large
SANDY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Shannon McRae went out for her Saturday morning run and found a weapon in the road -- a rifle, property of the Salt Lake County Sheriff Office's SWAT team.

"This is something that is devastating to us in law enforcement," said Levi Hughes of the Sheriff's Office.

Hughes said M4 assault rifle was left in the road last night after the swat team was called out on a standoff in White City. The standoff ended peacefully, but somehow, just a few houses down the street where the swat team was breaking down their gear, one of the veteran team members forgot his own rifle.

"This mistake...we own it...we know we made an error and we will correct it," said Hughes.

"I'm just grateful I was the one to find the gun and get it back to them safely," said McRae.

McRae said this could have been a deadly situation because the family living next to her has four kids. Imagine a loaded assault rifle found just feet away from their front door.

The Sheriff's Office acknowledged this could have ended tragically, and authorities are doing what they can prevents future errors like this one.

Hughes said, "And this type of mistake...devastates our team and can assure that every action that can be taken by our department and the other agencies involved to do training to make sure this never happens again...will take place."
Copyright 2008 High Plains Broadcasting LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Holycrap :eek:

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Wooooops. A human mistake. He'll get a slap on the wrist and we won't here about this ever again, that is after the main stream media gets a hold of the story and beats it to death.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
lucky someone honest found it and didn't decide to keep it :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is still small time news it seems. I am waiting to see it on CNN haha. I do not know how they will spin it since a "evil citizen" handed it in instead of going to the mall and offing a few people.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
UUmmmmm some body is going to get some time on the hill with out pay and more than likely kicked off SRT

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow... First off.. they should kick out that member who left his rifle...then they should start kicking out his chain of command... what a bunch of r-tards. If that had been my officer i would have made him low crawl 2 miles to get his rifle, dig 30 graves for the people he could have easly killed by leaving it there. just because a kid didnt grab it and go play cops and robbers with his friends, doesnt mean its ok and everything is fine now. As for the jogger who found it, if it were me i would have tore that rifle apart and scatter its parts all threw the street and watch him try to find it all haha wheres that damn firing pin.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just have to wonder what kind of charges would have been filed against John Q Public if HE had left his weapon laying around, "forgotten" after a trip to the firing range? And how the media would have played that!

"We now take you to Salt Lake where Freddy Sheep has breaking details on this very disturbing story"

Thank you Suzie Headinthesand, I am here with Sheriff Dimwit ......well you get my point.

Gotta go Hurl

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
if I found myself a select fire M4 carbine- I sure as hell wouldnt talk about it here. Though I'd LOVE to lol. I'd strip it down and deep store it in a cache

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
who turns in a weapon - (probably select fire)

S-H-E-E-P-L-E

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
that is after the main stream media gets a hold of the story and beats it to death.
First I've heard of it.
Media will chuckle, mention it a few times maybe then it's done gone and forgotten on to the the next most important non-story.
If this were your rifle the world would end.

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
Damnit, i would have kept it if i found it..

Reactions: Lamb
1 - 18 of 18 Posts