Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
the handle will break sooner or later thats the one thing i dont like about fiber glass with wood if the head comes out you put it back on and put the axe in water to swell the wood

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Ten dollar axe? Think about that for a minute. It doesnt matter where it is made, what it is made out of etc. It is a piece of crap guaranteed. Would I buy it? Most likely :) Even a crappy axe should last a year, and a year at ten bucks aint bad. Would I trust it to save me life? NOOOOO!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Used it on my tree in the backyard that I needed to get out of my way...(kept backing into it.) it broke halfway through, went and grabbed my older axe, a Scandinavian Forest Axe. I swear it is a beast through wood.

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
Shoot 10 dollar axe. I'd go for it. Wouldn't get it for my pack, but nothing wrong to have it around the house.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
I would use it, if the shaft breaks put a wooden one on after all.... endure adapt overcome... thats what we are all about.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Chinese axes almost always are made of lesser quality steels,that deform when put under pressure.Think very soft.Me,I like finding axes at yard sales for a buck.So I have to stick a handle on it.Big deal.I picked up a very old broad axe the other day,for 3bucks,because somebody put a handle on it that would better fit an axe head I had back home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts