2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Many of the issues Carter states are not caused by Christianity. They are the result of other religious influences such as Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and so on. Christianity is responsible for raising the respect for women.

Carter is wrong on so many counts. Adam was responsible for the "original sin" because he knowingly and purposely disobeyed God. The Scriptures say that Eve was deceived but Adam was not. Eve was involved in the sin.
1Ti 2:14* And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.*
Scripture says sin was brought into the world by Adam.
Rom_5:12* Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Rom_5:19* For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
The sin nature is passed down by the father. Male and female children are born with the sin nature because they have the "genes" and sin nature of the father. The mother is a sinner because she was born with the sin nature but she doesn't pass it on. That is why Jesus Christ could be born of a virgin and not have the sin nature. God the holy Spirit was his father. Not my words but God's in Scripture. Check it out.

God is the one that says women should be in subjection to men but it is in the marriage relationship where that is supposed to be.
Eph_5:23* For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.Eph_5:33* Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
The marriage relationship is a picture of the relationship between Christ and the Church. The husband is a picture of Christ and the Church is a picture of the wife. Is the church equal to Christ? No, but Christ died for the church. Get the "picture".

The woman is equal in stature to man, but God has put more responsibility on the man. Man was made first from the dust of the earth. Woman was made second from a rib of the man. According to Scripture. If you don't believe that don't say you are a Christian because Christ believed the creation Scriptures, else he would have denied them.

None of this make women less important to God or inferior to man. Its a positional thing just like the leader of any group, business, etc has more authority than the others. Women are not slaves to man. The world says that because mankind is sinful and only thru the blood of Jesus Christ can mankind be redeemed from the sinful nature and made right.

There is so much more to say on this and plenty of Scripture.

Carter is so wrong!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
There is just so much more that I could say about this article from Carter.

The one thing i will say is i don't believe Carter would have been elected president if evangelicals and other Christians knew who Carter really was. The election was very close.
Carter defeated Ford by two percentage points in the national popular vote. The electoral vote was the closest since 1916; Carter carried 23 states with 297 electoral votes, while Ford won 27 states with 240 electoral votes (one elector from Washington state, pledged to Ford, voted for Reagan).
Carter won the southern states including Texas and much of the Midwest. Ford won all the states west of Missouri, Arkansas and Minnesota. And some Midwestern states and New England. Carter would not have carried so many southern states if Christians had not voted for him because he stated so many times he was a Christian. I think many Christians voted for him just because he was a Christian.

·
prepared for life & death
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have reread this article a couple times and it has become quite evident that the former POTUS is biblically illiterate. While his good deeds for helping others may shine he has absolutely no place telling other what the Bible says. As a teenager I thought is was great that Carter was elected because he was from the South and then the Iran hostage crisis happened and it became quite clear how awful he really was at leading a nation.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,291 Posts
Carter is the best ex-President we ever had!

I believe Carter is a Christian but is a horrible political leader. Even though I believe he is a Christian, I disagree with his social justice twisting of Christianity. (I couldn't bring myself to read the article).

·
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carter is the best ex-President we ever had!

I believe Carter is a Christian but is a horrible political leader. Even though I believe he is a Christian, I disagree with his social justice twisting of Christianity. (I couldn't bring myself to read the article).
Peter please read it and give me our opinion. Sometimes we get a set mind that is hard to break. I fear my mind is becoming hardened to liberals and leftists in that i am placing them all in the same mold.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,291 Posts
I tried. I couldn't get past the part where he claimed international law does not define rape as a crime. Carter is a communist. And I won't even address his flawed equating a woman's rights with abilities of men, 'access' to health care care, etc.

·
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried. I couldn't get past the part where he claimed international law does not define rape as a crime. Carter is a communist. And I won't even address his flawed equating a woman's rights with abilities of men, 'access' to health care care, etc.
I understand. Took me a couple times to get through it. Anger every time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts