Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a brief ad before the video, but the content of Rogers statements is worth the listen.
Pay extra attention to the last sentence it was something about all currencies dissappear.
Rogers states in his interview that the world is having a hard time finding metals. He speculates that Silver has substantially better chance to increase as opposed to gold.

The discussion of the devaluing of the currencies around the world certainly makes one wonder how far ours will go.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Interesting. At least he isn't trying to predict what is going to happen in the short run.
After watching the video I did a little investigating on Jim Rogers, seems like a "real" person. Touring parts of the world on a motorcycle sounds awesome.

Bry

·
Patiently Waiting
6,084 Posts
The discussion of the devaluing of the currencies around the world certainly makes one wonder how far ours will go.
The answer is zero. All fiat currencies ultimately are valued at zero. I mean, US$1 today is equivalent to just US$0.02 in 1913. That's a 98% reduction in the value of the US dollar in 98 years. Two more years to zero.

In 1913, gold was valued at $18.92 per ounce. We're currently at over $1,580 so things look about right. Don't know what gold will be worth once the dollar hits zero. Mathmatics being what it is dictates that you won't be able to buy gold in US dollars in a few years. I mean, how many 100 trillion Zimbabwe dollar notes would you need to buy an ounce of gold?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The answer is zero. All fiat currencies ultimately are valued at zero. I mean, US$1 today is equivalent to just US$0.02 in 1913. That's a 98% reduction in the value of the US dollar in 98 years. Two more years to zero.

In 1913, gold was valued at $18.92 per ounce. We're currently at over $1,580 so things look about right. Don't know what gold will be worth once the dollar hits zero. Mathmatics being what it is dictates that you won't be able to buy gold in US dollars in a few years. I mean, how many 100 trillion Zimbabwe dollar notes would you need to buy an ounce of gold?
Gold will be worth what it has been worth for thousands of years. Gold holds its value. Its the cost of gold in fiat currency that makes it look expensive. Its not. Its worth exactly the same after all this time. What you could buy with gold in 1913 will buy you exactly the same thing today.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been listening to Jim Rogers for over a decade. When ever I see him on the TV, I stop to pay attention. He seems to be a down to earth guy. Doesnt mind admitting if does not know the answer to something. Just gives you an honest opinion.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I have been listening to Jim Rogers for over a decade. When ever I see him on the TV, I stop to pay attention. He seems to be a down to earth guy. Doesnt mind admitting if does not know the answer to something. Just gives you an honest opinion.
Yeah, I like listening to him as well. He seems to know what he is talking about and he doesn't appear to be just another sheep investor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts