1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The Convicted Audiophile™
4,384 Posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
However, inflation was -.2% last month
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok, just had to get that out, btw where did you get those numbers from anyway?

obama?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We are it seems a nation of idiots with leaders to match.

·
4,384 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

obama?

What does Shadow Stats say the inflation was for June?
I'm curious......

·
4,384 Posts
Trent Rock,
inflation was -.2% last month is a Gov't joke.:eek: Below is the real deal.
So I have heard:)

Does the govt "fudge" these numbers too?
http://www.shadowstats.com/charts/retail-sales
Or is it just inflation and unemployment they fudge??
You don't trust govt data, but you trust the retail sales graphs(U.S. Census Bureau) on Shadowstats?:confused:

Sundsvall===>I believe fuel prices were down as well as what you mentioned....

·
Free Your Mind
982 Posts

obama?

Had to agree with you. Beginning to think "trent" is a progressive troll.

·
Google Duckweed!!!
1,258 Posts
Not that I'm an expert...

But they talked about some kind of QE3 to keep the treasury interest rates balanced. Essentially printing up money as needed. Essentially a license to print unlimited money. Basically, if no one is buying bonds, they print.

IMHO, if they do a normal QE3 or this interest rate balancing act. By next year, inflation should be much more pronounced compared to what we have now.

Campbells soup cans are now $1.88 compared to $1.50 a few months ago. That's 25%. The French loaves are up 10 cents to $1.60, about 7%.

If we don't have a collapse before. The situation is going to be pretty unpleasant.

Sierra Dave

·
4,384 Posts
Beginning to think "trent" is a progressive troll.
Nah
I'm just a paid Govt. propagandist, sent to infiltrate SB.....;)

I get it though
I'm the idiot for believing govt data and not believing ShadowStats.com
and, I guess all the millions of investors, economists, Financial Times
writers, and speculators who look at the Govt CPI data are too....
And I need to buy gold because the end of times is near
And Ron Paul is our Lord and Savior:)
Some of you guys here in the financial forum know what is "REALLY going on with the economy":D::thumb:
Does anyone here believe so much they pay the 175 bucks for the ShadowStats dot com"newsletter"?
And they call me sheeple:confused:
WITH blinders...:confused:
"the sheeple are finally getting it...":rolleyes:

Let me ask you this:
What if there is no inflation in the near future?
Will there still be an economic collapse looming on the horizon?
It seems like 99% of the economic doomsday scenarios are based on The Coming Inflation:confused:
What if the inflation never arrives?
Then what?
Every thing is peaches and cream?
Or is there some non inflationary, doomsday that I should "wake up" and pay attention to?
Give me some scenarios...

·
Google Duckweed!!!
1,258 Posts
Hey Trent...

Lets simplify the equation.

If a financial entity is borrowing 40% to operate. With no clear sigh of cutting expenses to match revenue. How long til it goes bust? That is, how long til no one will loan them any more money to continue at 160% of revenue?

Oh wait, they can just print up money too. How much money can they print up til it starts devaluing in bug chunks?

Sierra Dave

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hedging your bets

I have been thinking about posting we all need an inner troll that argues against our worldview, so we can see the opposite scenario at the same time and we can prep for both.

I read somewhere that the banksters ( which own the fed) got the government addicted to the crack of QEn, while making huge profits on treasury purchases. As soon as it is clear that isn't going to stop the depression, they stop QE, and a bad deflation in mortgaged assets happens, like the first depression. The banksters don't want you paying your home loan back with toilet paper money, they want to take your house and car and leave you destitute so you will work as a shoeshine boy for the UN troops.

Financial people know that anytime group opinion is predictable, they can frontrun it and make money.

I still think there is going to be QE3 and hyperinflation, so I tell my troll to shut up. But the above scenario has a finite probability.

Winston Churchill said (paraphrased) that the definition of an intellectual was someone who could keep two contradicting ideas in their head at the same time, not a bad idea to try.

·
Banned
6,367 Posts
Nah

I get it though
And I need to buy gold because the end of times is near
And Ron Paul is our Lord and Savior:)
Some of you guys here in the financial forum know what is "REALLY going on with the economy":D::thumb:
Does anyone here believe so much they pay the 175 bucks for the ShadowStats dot com"newsletter"?
And they call me sheeple:confused:
WITH blinders...:confused:
"the sheeple are finally getting it...":rolleyes:

Let me ask you this:
It seems like 99% of the economic doomsday scenarios are based on The Coming Inflation:confused:
Then what?
Or is there some non inflationary, doomsday that I should "wake up" and pay attention to?
Give me some scenarios...
Does it pay well? :thumb:
Making sense should be rewarded though!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have been thinking about posting we all need an inner troll that argues against our worldview, so we can see the opposite scenario at the same time and we can prep for both.

I read somewhere that the banksters ( which own the fed) got the government addicted to the crack of QEn, while making huge profits on treasury purchases. As soon as it is clear that isn't going to stop the depression, they stop QE, and a bad deflation in mortgaged assets happens, like the first depression. The banksters don't want you paying your home loan back with toilet paper money, they want to take your house and car and leave you destitute so you will work as a shoeshine boy for the UN troops.

Financial people know that anytime group opinion is predictable, they can frontrun it and make money.

I still think there is going to be QE3 and hyperinflation, so I tell my troll to shut up. But the above scenario has a finite probability.

Winston Churchill said (paraphrased) that the definition of an intellectual was someone who could keep two contradicting ideas in their head at the same time, not a bad idea to try.
When we are no longer importing 90% of our consumer goods from China, then the deflation scenario can exist.

While we are a net importer for just about everything we consume, inflation has been coming and is still coming. The importers have been absorbing the price increases instead of passing through, for the last couple of years, as they were hoping for a consumer recovery. Not anymore. Walmart and others are raising prices every quarter just to stay in business.

With a shrinking economy, mounting job losses, and rising prices, a lot of retail operations simple will not survive.

Those who purchase imports directly from China knows that inflation for a lot of goods were going up 10% per month for the last 8 months.

·
Banned
930 Posts
Most people push propaganda and they dont even realize it.

I get it though
So does the government lie at all? Or do they only lie when "your" party is not in power? If they do lie, would you think they would lie about something that makes them look good in the end and costs them less money?

Nope, they are all right, their track record for knowing what the hell is going on is priceless.

Lets see, they got the housing collapse and credit crisis right, they called the 87 market crash.........lmfao

If you want to try to impress me, don't relate being right with "because everyone else thinks so". In 3 years of psychology, one thing i can tell you is that most people don't "think" at all.

Let me ask you this:
Inflation is a constant(i know, i know, this is not the top story on mad money, you will get over it trust me) in a system that has to borrow more and more money each year in order to keep running.

Yes

You ever think it is because 99% of people don't have a clue?

Then what?
LOL

what if it never arrives, lmfao.

Even in the BEST of times in our system we still have inflation.

Give me some scenarios.
no need to debate with you about these kinds of things, if you were open minded enough you would already know or at least be researching it yourself since you wont believe anything you don't already agree with(confirmation bias).

reminds me of one of my favorite quotes "advice, the smart don't need it and the dumb won't heed it".;)

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,385 Posts
I think the fed will continue to print money and the government will continue to hide inflation as best they can.

They really don't have much choice since the stupid stimulus bill and bailing out the criminal bankers who started this all.

I hope our friend Trent is not the best they can or they are doomed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts