Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ever beautiful, wonderful, amazing wife just spilled about 6 cups of dried, powdered jalapeno's from our garden on the kitchen floor. I knew they could be powerful but, i had no idea.......... cleared the house. just thought i would share

tag

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Take that spilled pepper and steep it in 6 cups of hot water. Strain it through cheese cloth and fill spray bottles.

Us it to ward off bugs on your garden. Use it on dogs fighting or if your get attacked.

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
Raw jalapeño pepper will light you up! One time i was slicing jalapeños (along with carrots, garlic and celery for canning..) and had lots of jalapeño 'juice' on my hands, and proceeded to use the restroom without FIRST washing my hands. WooooWeee! That was a whole new experience in pain on my naughty parts. :eek:

The only problem with jalapeño peppers compared with the stuff found in Sabre, Spitfire, Fox, etc..(OC= capsaicinoid and oleoresin capsicum) is that it works much slower. OC is nearly instantly effective. It took a few minutes for me to notice that it was getting warmer 'down there' before full-blown, 5-alarm fire took effect after about five minutes, and burned for over an hour :taped:

Confucius Cliff Notes:
Before going to the bathroom, be sure to wash your hands before and after slicing hot peppers

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ramona has it just right. Any hot peppers steeped in water and strained makes a great bug spray. I have used it for years and it works great. You do have to spray more often, especially after a rain. Yep, Jalapano will sure clear the sinus, huh!

·
Registered
58 Posts
The only problem with jalapeño peppers compared with the stuff found in Sabre, Spitfire, Fox, etc..(OC= capsaicinoid and oleoresin capsicum) is that it works much slower. OC is nearly instantly effective. It took a few minutes for me to notice that it was getting warmer 'down there' before full-blown, 5-alarm fire took effect after about five minutes, and burned for over an hour :taped:

The difference here is due to the difference in affected areas, ie bare skin vs mucous membranes (eyes and nasal mucosa). Try the same "experiment", but rub your eye or pick your nose insead :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts