Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The European Outdoorsman
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a couple of these things...I would like to hear what owners and users of this little thing say...How is it for EDC?

·
Gone Fishin'
803 Posts
The Izula is one of the best small fixed blades on the market backed by one of the best warranties in the business. Get the clip attachment, makes it nicer on the belt, it can be pocket carried as well.

I don't like to wear it as a necker, but on the belt of pocket is great. I paracord wrap mine but the handles can be bought for $15 and a lot of people like them.

·
Registered
972 Posts
If you dont need it thin, get the handles, they are great and I love them. Turns the neck knife into a small fixed blade. If you wanna spend some money check out the knife connection, they have custome g10 scales. The izula is worth every penny. The knife with factory sheath can fit in some pockets and is pretty slim by most standards. Youll figure things out when you get it but you may want to look into custom kydex sheaths if you want something slimmer and more streamlined. Personally I would love a super small kydex sheath with no excess or even a slim leather sheath.

Btw, izulas are out in the blacl, desert tan, OD green, and pink in most places. Knives ship free has a special edition with an eagle (i have one), knifeworks has a safety orange one (i want one bad lol) and the knife connection has a limited edition American Freedom izula in blue with some special stuff. (i wouldnt really use it though, too special).

·
The European Outdoorsman
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah

I saw where some guy cut through a board 2 or 3 times the thickness of a 2x4 (don't know the exact dimensions). Then it was still shaving sharp.

I am going to get the pinks ones for my wife and daughter and I will stick with a black or green. I am going to get the kit for myself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just got my first one last week and I absolutely love it. I rigged it up to carry horizontally on my belt, just in front of my right pocket, and it carries there very well. Nice size, not too big or small, razor sharp, and I got some glow in the dark handles for it to make it visible if I were to drop it in the dark (it also helps that it's one of the BladeHQ limited edition venom green colors, it's quite bright).

Brent

·
Survivus most anythingus
3,874 Posts
One of the handiest things to have in camp is a lightweight utility knife around your neck. It's always there for you. I don't particularly care for neck carry except in certain circumstances and being in camp is one of them.

The Izula is simply an excellent knife. The sheath that comes standard with the knife is a very well thought out accessory and necessity. With a carbiner or a small amount of tough cord like ParaCord, you can rig up many different carry options for the Izula.

·
I see a bad moon arising
1,267 Posts
Really like my Izula. The micarta grips were a great upgrade too.
Mine rides in a nice after-market leather sheath.

Do have to watch the maintenance on the blade. The uncoated
edge can pick up rust pretty quick if you keep it in a pocket on
a toasty summer day.

And -- if you're a dumb*ss -- you can slip your index finger through the
hole in the handle and REALLY get that blade spinning in a blur. Looks
pretty cool as long as you don't stop it the wrong way. At least --
so I've heard. Would never do anything silly like that myself of course. :eek::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts