Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Some good parts, some extremely funny parts. Obviously written by city people. A bunch of us got together to watch season one at the local tavern. It probably wouldn't have been as funny if we hadn't been drinking, but our favorite scene was when one of the episodes opened up with the guard "stalking" wild turkeys. We were laughing so hard some of us peed ourselves (I won't say who). Stalking wild turkeys...I still giggle at that concept.

It has it's good parts, like Skeet's nice butt and I loved Gerald's dry humor, "You never know when you'll need a tank." I think it might have been good for getting people to think about being in a survival situations. I enjoyed our Jericho party thought I don't think I will be buying the DVDs. Maybe season 2 was better. I heard it became political in season 2 and I'm all politiced out right now. Maybe someone will have a season 2 Jericho party and I'll go. Mainly just to see if they have yet stalked close enough to bag themselves a turkey.:D:

BLT

·
Last of the First Line
864 Posts
Had the potential to be a great show... But they canceled it (and brought it back and canceled it again) before it could really take off.

If the fictional town of Jericho is what rural Kansas is like, I just might have to move to Kansas one day. I mean, besides being at war with the neighboring town, no electricity, a "loose nuke", people fighting over food, and martial law (yes, it's spelled martial, not marshal) and all...

·
531 Posts
Maybe season 2 was better. I heard it became political in season 2 and I'm all politiced out right now. Maybe someone will have a season 2 Jericho party and I'll go. Mainly just to see if they have yet stalked close enough to bag themselves a turkey.:D:

BLT
Political wouldn't really be the term I'd use, but it sure had a scary real world parallels with what could happen. Several similarities with Ravenwood (obviously a take on Blackwater) and Jennings & Rall, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought Jericho did get a little "Political" during season 2. It seemed to me that the writers were anti-Iraq war, and wanted the show to give another perspective on the war, the perspective of the people whose country is occupied. For example, the main characters were "Insurgents" according to the private security firm Ravenwood (ie Blackwater).

Good show though. I thoroughly enjoyed it while it was on. It actually did make me think more about survival and gives you some new situations to think about.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
When I'm here by myself and nothing on regular TV. I'll punch up cbs.com and watch an old Jericho episode......

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
This show is freaken awesome!!! use surfthechannel.com for no commercials. Go watch it if you havnt yet!!

·
Big,Hairy and Smelly
129 Posts
I just recently d/led season one and got hooked.I just finished it and I really like it.Going to start on season two soon.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Spamming whore!!

That site opened dozens of windows and pop ups, and tried to hijack my browser!

AVOID THIS WEBSITE
LOL why do people use internet explorer? i use mozilla all that stuff is blocked automatically. :xeye:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Some good parts, some extremely funny parts. Obviously written by city people. :

BLT
Totally written by city people! But a good show to watch. The corn harvest alone was laughable. They got every aspect about it wrong, except the fact that it could be picked by neighbors showing up to help.

Hopefully the city to city violence never happens here though. Or any of the other horrible stuff that happened in the show.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We watched the first season of Jericho over the last month or so and just started into the second season. It was that show that really inspired my wife to get somewhat on board with the preparation/survival mindset. She's still kinda lukewarm about it but at least she's agreeable to my recent obsession with preparing for the upcoming SHTF scenario.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just finished watching both seasons of this show online. While I can see the point about some facts being wrong (the turkey hunt, corn harvest, etc.), I do think the show presented some scenarios that are very likely in a SHTF event.

For example, even w/o the use of nuclear terrorists, an EMP attack would produce much of the same turmoil that the show envisioned. How would your town survive w/o the use of modern electrical equipment?

What about when everyone in the neighborhood is in competition with each other for the wild game in the area. Once the animals are gone, what are you going to eat?

Don't think rival towns will compete for scarce resources? Better think again. I've got another thread on here where I posted a link to an old Twilight Zone episode depicting a false nuclear attack. Before the neighbors realized it was a false attack, they were ready to kill for access to a fallout shelter. If your neighbor is starving, don't think he won't do whatever it takes to survive.

In any event, I hope the show caused some people to begin to think outside the box. At it's core, survivalism should be rooted in patriotism, valor and honor. I think that the show exemplified these ideals in a positive light. Anyone who hasn't seen it, I would recommend it. If nothing else, it will provide some food for thought on a variety of scenarios.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Had the potential to be a great show... But they canceled it (and brought it back and canceled it again) before it could really take off.

If the fictional town of Jericho is what rural Kansas is like, I just might have to move to Kansas one day. I mean, besides being at war with the neighboring town, no electricity, a "loose nuke", people fighting over food, and martial law (yes, it's spelled martial, not marshal) and all...

I grew up in a town here in Kansas that had a max of 50 people at any given time. It truly is like that here. Kinda nice actually, but since I moved to Wichita, I don't know any of my neighbors, and if I want to go back home, it's 130 miles to get there. You get out in the middle of nowhere here and there's all kinds of game, streams, stocked ponds, etc. BUT, don't tell anyone!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts