Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
486 Posts
http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productID=17223&TabID=1287&CatID=1301

the mother of all bags!

$400 is a bit pricy for me, but its still going on my wish list:D:
Thanks CPL I havnt heard of that store before thats another one for my favorites list.

I surely havn't seen a bag like that before. I just orderd one in olive drab. I wish they had Black most my gear is geared toward black. But it is cool anyways. When it comes I can give ya the lowdown on how it is once I try it out if ya want. Thanks agian.

·
Banned
486 Posts
I dont think its impractical at all, I think it will be great for hunting. And if you need to carry an extra rifle or a shotgun it willl be perfect. As far as it being military style what do you want a big blule or yellow one lol? I would take anything military or mil spec or military style any day.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
by impractical i ment the price you pay. I dont have to bug out but maby 15 miles, so a huge pack isnt a priority.

the rifle thingy is what caught my attintion to begin with, i LOVE the option of carrying another gun secured to my back. But seriously, now that i think about it a bit there PLENTY of VERY nice packs out there for half that. They also have the capability of carring a rifle.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have their J107M Dragonfly. It can go from 2900 to 5400 to 7000+ cubic inches, making it very versatile in terms of storage capacity. Like the M3, it also holds a rifle or a shotgun. My folding stock AK fits in perfectly, utilizing a small capacity magazine, and no one is the wiser. I have walked through town with the pack and AK and no one gave me a second glance. It is really a winner, in my book, because of this feature.

As great as it is, I have had some bad experiences with my Eberlestock pack. Quite frankly, the durability just is not there. I've had quite a few seems and stitches start to come apart on me. This occurred on my right shoulder strap load lifter, the MOLLE webbing on the waist belt, the MOLLE webbing on the main pack body, and the MOLLE webbing on a detachable 800 cubic inch pack. This did not occur during any hard use, but rather a few quick hikes into the woods to test out the gear and playing with it with my hands. I've never even placed any MOLLE pouches on the webbing, yet the seams are starting to work their way loose. For the price I paid, this should not be happening. Eberlestock agreed to repair/replace the pack though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts