·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,975 Posts
That's about as bad as I expected. Most paratransit vehicles here in the US are a small minivan.

·
Sinner w/ a great Savior
3,919 Posts
The article says, "The researchers also found that it can last for days on a surface where respiratory droplets land, raising the risk of transmission if unsuspecting people touch it and then rub their face."

But never once says if the initial carrier touched any other surfaces or not. Perhaps the carrier touched a handle and the next passengers touched the same.

They said the bus has cameras, so probably they would have seen if the the carrier touched anything. But I'd feel better if they said so.

·
Dismember
1,966 Posts
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...vel-twice-far-official-safe-distance-and-stay

The coronavirus that causes Covid-19 can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes and travel up to 4.5 metres – further than the “safe distance” advised by health authorities around the world, according to a study by a team of Chinese government epidemiologists.

Advice: Mask.
That is not good. Not a bit good.

Dr Osterholm explained how masks work, types that work, which don't work, and why. The interview is long, but at least try to watch the first 55 minutes. It's very high-value information.

·
Beware of the dog!
1,939 Posts
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...vel-twice-far-official-safe-distance-and-stay

The coronavirus that causes Covid-19 can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes and travel up to 4.5 metres – further than the “safe distance” advised by health authorities around the world, according to a study by a team of Chinese government epidemiologists.

Advice: Mask.
Why are you here? Aside from trying to ramp up terror?
You have been a member since 3-7-20.
You have posted a total of 23 times over the 27 days of your existence here.
You have personally started 5 thread and never posted or commented on any of those threads you started.

Why are you here? If you are legit I welcome any valuable input, but it appears that you are just trying to stir up trouble.

·
Freedom isn't free.
6,135 Posts
I'm starting to this same 27 ft spread information on main stream media but from a different study. Yesterday was the first and then again today.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
How can these scientists be so sure that none of the other passengers that were infected did not pick up the infection somewhere else? In order to be reliable, a scientific study has to be able to be replicated. I doubt that they will get volunteers for such a study.

This is more fearmongering by the media. Not saying that their conclusion isn't true, but I don't give it any more weight than any of the other stuff coming out of the media outlets.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Most of us on SB knew this back in February....

this isn't "news".....

·
SBs Resident Non Prepper
7,243 Posts
You have personally started 5 thread and never posted or commented on any of those threads you started.

Why are you here? If you are legit I welcome any valuable input, but it appears that you are just trying to stir up trouble.
Like many newbies....and older members who haven’t posted in almost 10 years and all of a sudden just popped up and start posting crap
Membership is up on SB....making money for the Canadian owners and making well versed longtime members look like fools.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts

the bus picture he posted was posted on here a while ago...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts