Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You ever seen a guy who seems humble, then when he talks you think he is an ego maniac?

Well BRIEFLY I thought this. This video is worth watching.

Raiders in Texas beware.

·
Victory Loves Preparation
576 Posts
I have seen this video many times, and like you, the first time I watched it, up to when you started pulling the trigger, I thought he was a cocky a$$. But he is impressive...

·
BulletMaster
1,387 Posts
He is cocky and can back it up and Humble isn't a word in his vocabulary.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
He is a bit full of himself, and I thought the same when I first saw this video years ago. But he definitely puts his money where his mouth is.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
i watched him do a shot with a snub nose 38 special and i go that is a neat trick then the one that got me the most was the socalled 44 magnum shot at 600 yards standing up off hand ..

he may be a bit of a show off but with skills like that you can be anything you want to be when it comes to trigger time

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I like confidence, but I detest arrogance, no matter how good he is.

I also disagree with him that 'it never happened' and 'they were all shot in the back'. I know that movies and books have embellished the gunfights and gunfighters, but I think it's a big stretch to say it 'never happened'.

·
Registered
14,214 Posts
IIRC, Elmer Kieth wasn't all that humble either.... It takes a certain amount of ego to work hard enough to get that good.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That is fast. I couldn't tell really well by the vid, but the bullets he is using are they some type of snakeshot?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
One of my dad's favorite sayings when I was growing up was, 'It ain't braggin' if you can do it', and I still use it today. I always liked Brennan's 'No brag, just fact' in The Guns of Will Sonnet. That was one of my favorite shows back when it was on.

I have no problem with confidence in your ability, and even some braggin' about it is cool if it's done right. Ali could be a braggart, but he was funny and entertaining when he did it. I enjoy watching Munden shoot, but his demeanor when he's talking to people is a major put-off to me.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
There is nothing wrong with being proud of something your good at.The bad thing is people who open there mouth get tested.Same thing goes with fighting, throwing darts, whatever. If you have a reputation for being good at something, your going to have people wanting to knock you off your mountain.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts