Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
14,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,592 Posts
The "Goose" was one of my favorite pitchers even though he was never on any of my favorite teams

Not because he was that great but that he was a colorful character that was good when he needed to be

Him along with others from the past

I read that article the other day and LMAO, he's right too!

All the fun in baseball has been removed, from guys juicing it up, to the prototype ballplayer, to all the rules and the fact it's all about statistics

There is no measurement for heart and soul, only ERA or batting avg.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Watching the old documentary on baseball leads me to believe the sport was much more fun to watch in the thirties and forties. Even the old ***** League gave Black America a sense of pride. They had some of the best showmen and good ball players. If we could return to that era I would be a fan. Not now because its too slow.

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
All the fun in baseball has been removed, from guys juicing it up, to the prototype ballplayer, to all the rules and the fact it's all about statistics

There is no measurement for heart and soul, only ERA or batting avg.
Pretty much ALL of the pro sports are like that now. Some of the statistics they come up with now took a lot of thought for nothing other than the sole objective of filling air time.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The article sited here is a condensed version of the one I read a few days ago (I don't remember where I saw that one) but he also talked about the Astros scandal and the damage it has done to MLB.

I agree wholeheartedly with his assessment and the Astros should have been stripped of the World Series title. For so long I have been in the camp that supported banning Pete Rose from baseball, but if the Houston Astros can get away with what they did...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts