Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gets a little personal but I doubt anyone will be offended. I am sorry ahead of time if anyone is.

My husband and I decided a couple months ago to stop using condoms. It took me two years to get to a point where I could tell him exactly how I felt about them. I hate them. They hurt me, tug at skin in places that shouldn't be tugged at, and they are expensive...at least when you mate like rabbits :D:

Our anniversary was the 30th of September. Of course we celebrated in a manner that a good deal of married couples do....we 'celebrated' again a couple days later. ;)

Anyway, I am now 3 days before the planned start of my period. I am getting antsy because I am getting some weird symptoms. Either I am detecting the very early stages of pregnancy or I am going through a major hormonal change. Here is what my last 5 days have been like:

1. Thursday-Friday: I got that nauseous feeling each day after 3pm. It usually subsided sometime between 8 and 9 pm. I had a very hard time going and staying asleep.

2. Saturday night: A small bout of heartburn. I didn't eat anything that would activate heartburn either. Still had a very hard time sleeping. Felt exhausted.

3. Sunday: Nausea came and went most of the afternoon. Very tired. Slept decently this night.

4. This morning: Nausea has been off and on almost all day long. Very tired still.

Temperature: I average anywhere from 97.1-97.3 in body temperature. Since the week of my anniversary, my body temperature has been averaging between 98.6 and 99.2. It has not gone under 98.4, no matter what time of day I take it.

So, it may just be a normal woman thing of nasty evil hormonal changes......or I may be giving my Mom and Mother-in-law what they have been asking for Christmas! :upsidedown:

I'll add more to this thread if I get more symptoms or if I take a test. :D: I've already bought a three pack HPT.

·
<< This Space For Rent >>
72 Posts
I'll let the ladies deal with the hormones but I can tell you that my wife and I stopped using condoms about 19 years ago. The result is we have four boys ages 19, 15, and twins 14. You may be feeling the start of a new life which I hope will be a joyous occasion in your home. Its very joyous when they are born and little and it gets a little less joyous as they get bigger.

Make sure you let us know the outcome! Maybe its time to use one of those at home testers.

Ken in Glassboro, NJ

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Well it sounds like you will will be happy either way 4giv. You have brought back quite accurate memories, I must say I my three pregnancies.
We will wait and see what will eventuate hey?
all the best

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to be patient. They're only about 70% accurate this early. I'd have to wait until my "start date" to get the 99% accuracy. I don't know if I have the patience to wait that long though! haha.

If I am though, I am hoping for a boy. I'd love to have a little Junior running around. I'm the oldest of 7 - 4 of which are boys and the youngest is 21 years younger than me.

·
to listen
284 Posts
It could be because you are thinking about things, and it has you stressed that can make your hormones go all over the place, or it could be Gods planning and the patter of tiny feet in your life could happen, Either way God is good and is watching over you and all will be revealed.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Lovely 4giv, I am waiting for the boys to come from marriage,since I had three girls.
The different seasons of our lives are all beautiful.
Falling in love,setting up house,having children, raising them, watching them leave home,
hopefully prepared for the world around them.
May God bless your path 4giv always.

·
Mother of One.
234 Posts
Sounds familiar to me. Along with the nausea things also started tasting funny to me... and not funny good. Breast tenderness is another of the early signs as well.

Make sure you give us an update!

·
Registered
327 Posts
A few days after I conceived I could always tell a difference, too. Certain smells really got to me, nausea, major forgetfulness, and sleepiness. There was this nagging feeling that something was "different" even though I didn't know why.

With the first one, I had such terrible headaches, the doctor suspected a brain tumor and scheduled a CAT scan. . .then we found out it wasn't a brain tumor, it was a baby! lol! At least we found out before I had the scan done! That gives a whole new meaning to "it's all in your head.":D:

Good luck and let us know either way.

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I have had tenderness but it isn't just at the nipple. It has been all over today. Shooting pain in my left breast. I have been very forgetful these past two days but I go through spurts of that anyway. lol. I got impatient and took a test. It came out negative. That doesn't really mean anything at this point though. Waiting for my monthly "friend" to appear (or not) before I make a decision to see the doctor.

Oh, and sausage sounded grosse to me. And I have had a real desire to eat cod. This is unusual for me. But then again, I am a strange person so I just might be making myself think I'm pregnant and getting the symptoms because of it. hahaha.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Sounds to me like a full-blown case of "with-baby". :)

Either way it turns out, congratulations to you and the mister!

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
P. S. 4giv... if you can't discuss it in this section of the forum, then where CAN you discuss it. I'm glad you brought it up. :)

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nausea went away today. Temperature is still around 98.4 but my "friend" has come along so I'm pretty certain that I'm not pregnant :(

Never had PMS that was quite that 'pregnancy' like this but I guess it's possible. Darn hormones! *sigh* Hopefully, then next time this happens it will be the actual thing.

Reactions: Sweeper

·
Mother of One.
234 Posts
Well, on the bright side, you're back at square one... you know what that means... get back to baby-makin'! :D:

(I'm sure it'll happen at the exact right time for you and your family. Keep your chin up.)

·
Displaced Texan
501 Posts
Pregnancy kind of sneaks up on some women when they're not expecting it. I've know lot of women who were counting days, taking temperatures, using ovulation predictor kits....special diets....as soon as they threw away all that stuff and just relaxed- BOOM! Pregnant. Oh well- you're very young, have lots of time! Don't get down because of one false alarm. It'll happen!

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
Practice makes perfect! Keep at it! :)

Here is a word of advice on pregnancy tests for any others here who may be going down this same road... If you get a positive, your pregnant. If you get a negative, you may still be pregnant. False positives are very rare and false negatives are common.

3 years ago I was certain that I was pregnant and very excited until I took a pregnancy test that read negative. I was so bummed out that I sat down that night and had a beer and spent the next three days feeling glum. My friend still hadn't showed up so I went out bought a 3-pack (Always buy the three pack!!!) Took a second test and still negative :( I knew from being pregnant before that something was definitely going on so I made sure that the next morning I tested with that nice concentrated urine. At first glance it looked negative but out of desperation maybe, I found that if I held it at just the right angle I could see what looked liked the faintest of lines!!! Sure enough, I was pregnant with my sweet little boy. :) Which leads to another tip... a line is a line is a line no matter how faint.

I wish you all the luck on your journey to mommyhood.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nausea went away today. Temperature is still around 98.4 but my "friend" has come along so I'm pretty certain that I'm not pregnant :(

Never had PMS that was quite that 'pregnancy' like this but I guess it's possible. Darn hormones! *sigh* Hopefully, then next time this happens it will be the actual thing.
Don't fret. You may indeed have been pregnant, but it just didn't stick and implant. The symptoms sounded good. Keep trying. If you have any more episodes like this then consult a really good midwife who has an alternative and complementary/herbal perspective. I might be able to point you to one depending on where you live. I know a lot of midwives around the USA.

·
Mourning Wolf
248 Posts
Best of luck in the future; and as my straight girlfriends tell me, half the fun of success is the repeated journey's to achieve it :thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts