Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just for fun.

It's 1975. What handgun is your go-to? Can be something you actually owned back then or what you'd choose (available at that time) if you time travelled back.

What belt, holster, ammo/reload, other gear combo are you relying upon? Can be for CCW, hunting, duty, home defense, whatever...

For me... S&W Model 39-2 in a floppy suede leather IWB w/ stainless clip holster from Bianchi. Just a step up from Mexican carry. No retention. Ammo back them (IIRC) was Remington 9mm 115 gr JHPs. A spare 8-round magazine in my pocket. No flashlight. No gun belt per se. Just whatever fashionably wide leather belt I wore with Levis jeans or corduroys. CCW & home defense.

For the time, it had a respectable capacity (8+1) and was light on the hip (aluminum alloy frame). DA/SA.

Attachments

·
What hell, pay attention
8,998 Posts
I was carrying a brand spanking new Colt Commander (cost me $199 :) ) IWB in a Bianchi "Pistol Pocket". Had a couple of mag pouches on my belt.

Fooled around carrying a few other things around that time, K & J Frame S&W's, an old P38, a PPK, but the Colt, and a couple of 1911's, were what I settled on into the late 90's.

·
Desperta Ferro!
1,787 Posts
It's 1975.
I'm 12.
All I have is a single cocking old fashioned Daisy BB Gun rifle. You could almost throw BB's farther and harder by hand. Nope, not a Red Rider, just a plain ol' western style cheesy Daisy.

Other than that...if this is fantasy land, perhaps just a 1911, if I were allowed to own one as a minor, lol.
I always thought that some of the German and Austrian 9mm handguns of the 1930-1975 era were interesting and well made. Never tried any older models, but sure would love to someday.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts