Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I-29 from The Canadian border to South Dakota is closed and I-94 from Fargo to Bismarck is closed. My son lives in a small town west of Fargo that is out of power. He is running his furnace with a truck battery and a power inverter. He sees a new Generator in his near future. They are cooking on the grill.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
hope the gill is out side that can be very dangerous in side. Hope they get their power back soon.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Right now I wouldn't want to be sitting in the outhouse. Brrrrrrrrrrr! But with some firewood and small batterypowered reading lite and a good book. I could be happy for several weeks in this situation.

Unfortunately, there is more then just myself to consider. The DH and the children would suffer if I were to egnore them like that. So I can see where this could be a depressing situation.

Keep us informed on how well your son is doing. What is he doing to keep food hot and tasty? How is he dealing with depressing situation? Is he keeping active so that his system doesn't stove up?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow! :eek: Hope all goes well. We have been lucky here the last 12 years. We have never lost power for more than a few hours and that was in the summer with clear skies. :xeye: DH just bought a generator. He feels better now. Our temp here was 63 all day til dusk now it is 23 (within 3 hours). Crazy. And the freezing rain or ice is coming.

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
Greetings from the desert. It is chilly here, I just went outside it feels like it is about 40. I feel for the folks who have to deal with the extreme cold. As a native Desert Dweller I don't want to go outside when it is below 50.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
can you imagine how bad it would be if you had buged out 2 weeks ago. and your liveing in a tent in that :eek: something to think about

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It was in the mid 70's in East Texas today and I am flying to Bismarck tomorrow...brrrr!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My son's power is back on. Yes the grill was outside, we've lived in North Dakota for four generations. This ain't our first rodeo. His innovation kept the temp at about 57 degree so it was no big deal. The temp is still -17 with a wind chill of -40. Not the kind of day to stick your tongue to anything you want to walk away from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts