Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so tired of threads being derailed by people popping in and saying that everyone is overreacting because either it’s just the flu or a conspiracy from the government or media or big pharma, which inevitably leads to squabbling.

Well here it is, folks!

Your chance to educate us all!

Feel free to leave your “it’s just the flu, bro!” wisdom here.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
970 Posts
I wont say "it's just the flu", but I will say stay calm, keep your head on straight and do what we all know (if you're on this forum) you need to do. Some of us are behind because we got started later in life (I certainly am), but that doesn't mean we're all going to die.....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Conclusion. CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.Jan 8, 2020

2018–2019 influenza season - CDCwww.cdc.gov › flu › about › burden › 2018-2019

when the wuhan flu gets to these numbers, then we can be concerned.

Seasonal flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year, according to a new estimate that's higher than the previous one of 250,000 to 500,000 deaths a year. The new figures from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other groups were published Dec. 13 in The Lancet medical journal.

The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet's population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans.

Dangerous??? yes, but not really at levels that would cause panic.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Bro, it's just the flu!!!

Come on, you knew someone was going to be a smart ass.

On a serious note a co-worker's daughter is traveling to Asia this upcoming week (15 days) and minus the "bro" she said the same thing to her dad who gave her a list of countries to avoid. She also noted she "had the mumps as a kid so I'll be fine." UNREAL!

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
I'm not sure which CDC to believe. The one that says the flu is worse, or the one that says to brace for the coronavirus outbreak by preparing the family.

Maybe I should believe the one asking me to prepare for the coronavirus first, then assume they just forgot to tell me the flu is worse and to buy stuff and be prepared to be quarantined for it.

I'm confused.

Of course reading and studying the issue allowed me to move funds out of certain investments and prepare to buy other sectors later. I wish they'd crash the markets with a month's notice every year during just the flu season.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Conclusion. CDC estimates that influenza was associated with more than 35.5 million illnesses, more than 16.5 million medical visits, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.Jan 8, 2020

Seasonal flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year, according to a new estimate that's higher than the previous one of 250,000 to 500,000 deaths a year. The new figures from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other groups were published Dec. 13 in The Lancet medical journal.

The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the deadliest in history, infected an estimated 500 million people worldwide—about one-third of the planet's population—and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans.

EXACTLY !

No need to buy masks , just wash your hands , get a flu shot. The mask only works for the actual carrier so as not to spread it. My wife is a Doctor. Just more FEAR mongoring to keep the sheeple in line.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,667 Posts
EXACTLY !

No need to buy masks , just wash your hands , get a flu shot. The mask only works for the actual carrier so as not to spread it. My wife is a Doctor. Just more FEAR mongoring to keep the sheeple in line.
What fear mongering and who's sheeple are in your pen.

Most everything being fed to the masses is its bright bright sun shiny day on most MSMs

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,644 Posts

Just read an article where experts in the UK are warning the public to prepare for a worst case scenario of 80% infection rate and 1/2 million dead in the UK.

"just the flu..."

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
EXACTLY !

Okay, I'll bite. I also sleep with a doctor...

1. The deaths that are currently ascribed to flu are frequently due to underlying comorbidities.

2. no one knows the actual case fatality rate of coronavirus / WuFlu because no one knows either the most accurate nominator or denominator for the calculation.

3. anyone who believes the Chinese government is telling the truth about the figures (insert your derisive comparison here)

4. the mask also works for the wearer who may not yet be infected, by reducing the inhaled viral load if someone is projecting a droplet cloud in your direction, and by stopping you from inserting your fingers in your cake-consuming hole :)

My .5 cents worth, adjusted for inflation..

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Gee, people who benefit from government spending claiming the virus that also causes the common cold is going to kill everyone so just give them buckets of money to solve the problem. No conflict of interest there. Gullible people.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Gee, people who benefit from government spending claiming the virus that also causes the common cold is going to kill everyone so just give them buckets of money to solve the problem. No conflict of interest there. Gullible people.
No kidding about the spending when a can of Chicken soup is $1.49 and will cure it, but I prefer preventive methods so I buy Mango Vodka and it only cost $9.98 and I get some vitamin C. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
No kidding about the spending when a can of Chicken soup is $1.49 and will cure it, but I prefer preventive methods so I buy Mango Vodka and it only cost $9.98 and I get some vitamin C. :thumb:
Major disclaimer: my feeble attempts at online humour...

...how dare you KG! all the Relevant Authorities are completely in agreement that it's only Peach Vodka will prevent End Of Times Scurvy.

I have had a squad of Top Men working on this for decades. Top Men.

Well actually two of them. But the guy in the mirror is 100% in agreement... so there!

·
Super Moderator
CRAP CREEK SURVIVOR
2,508 Posts
Where is Palmetto Tree now that we need him in here?

:upsidedown:

Reactions: n1d
1 - 20 of 82 Posts