Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having issues with frames on this site in Firefox? On my computer it seems to be limited to this site only, just wanted to see if I am the only one. (Right side extends far right)

Thanks,

Radar

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am still using FireFox 2.0.0.18 and am not having issues. I have yet to take the plunge and upgrade all the way as I have heard of several issues with upgrading, bookmarks and such disappearing.

-Paco

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
What do you mean by "frames?"

A Frame is usually when a website is viewed from another website. Its a way of stopping people from leaving the site. When you click a link, the other site will open inside of a window where you can not see the other sites name. Frames were popular years ago, but are frowned upon by the web development community.

And that is all I use is firefox. I might use internet explorer just a couple of times a year.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgive the misuse of the term, but the forum is not properly sizing and extending too far off the screen, forcing a side scroll.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes it has been doing that to me as well, every other post seems to be about 25% larger than normal and extends to the right of the overall page.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
I am going to guess that yall are using the green theme, which is the default. The green theme is made for a screen resolution of 1024X768. The header image is 1000 pixels wide.

If you are having a side scroll problem, what is making the screen wider?

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Yes I am using the Green theme and my resolution is 1024x768. In my case, everything is being extended far right. I'll take a screenshot here in a few.
Hold the control key down on your keyboard, while you are holding the key down, use the scroll on your mouse to shrink the site down to where it fits your screen. That should fix the problem.

Firefox has a built in feature that lets you adjust the size of a website, see the attached images for examples.

Attachments

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Make sure you are maximised as well. I couldn't tell from the screen shots, cos the the bloody X button covered you image' top right corner. I use Firefox 3.03 with no dramas.
Try ctrl + resize.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
My screen (use IE), does that in the Green.
Go to bottom left of page and select the original (?) blue...It fits fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts