Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying my special Hubbers some ammo for our anniversary (when we started dating) and I found Wolf brand SKS FMJ for $200 for 1000 rounds. A local small buisness owner has them (I try to support local economy) there is no shipping I go in and just buy them-no paper trail register receipt only says stock.

Is this a good price for them or should I move on, he only has 3 boxes left-I want to get 1 or 2 before they are not available.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
payed about 50 bucks for 500 rounds of Monarch 7.62x39

Reactions: rncmomx2

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Good price right now. WOLF ammon has been banned so the prices are going straight up. Where did you find Monarch for 10 cents a round? I will take all they have.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
PANIC PANIC, RUN, HIDE, GO S**T YOURSELF, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

Read the docs on the sanctions for once rather than buying the internet hype....

It is not banned, the sanctions prohibit government agencies from dealing with the firms targeted by the sanctions.

In other words, it can be imported for the civilian market, but the feds can't order any more to supply the Afghan and Iraqi armies.....In other words, more for us, and with falling demand from Fedzilla I would expect to the the priced slide from the exporter w/ the military not ordering millions upon millions of rounds.

·
22,122 Posts
Academy- bit of a snafu with the clerk. I asked for 20 boxes and the stock boy gave me the last case. the box was all in russian too. when i got to the clerk and i opened the cardboard so she could scan a box, she asked how many. I told her 20 only to find out that there are 25 boxes per case instead later. doncha love freebies?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had an experience with Academy myself, had the boxes marked for about a buck less than the shelf sticker. Cashier had to give it to me at the marked price on the box. Said it was old stock as everything is prelabeled with price stickers when they stock the shelves. But, $0.20/round is an excellent price for Wolf, I have seen it around $0.22, plus shipping.... Good deal there

·
Registered
510 Posts
Wolf Ammo HAS NOT been banned people. If the prices go up it is going to be because gun shop owners are going to use this story as a reason to hike prices.

·
22,122 Posts
if its not a trade embargo- then exactly what is it?

·
Registered
510 Posts
if its not a trade embargo- then exactly what is it?
Not sure, I'm not expert in this, but I e-mailed Wolf ammo and here is the response...

We continue to export our hunting and sporting cartridges to the United States as well as to other countries around the world.
There is rather a big difference between civilian ammo (WOLF) and military ammo (LA Times story).

Best regards,

Advertisment Dept,
The Tula Cartridge Works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts