Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had heard on the radio 50% of the baby formula comes from China. I could not find it, but one quote said 44% of the baby formula comes from China.

Is your baby formula can marked Made in China?

I had heard years ago on TV the USA changed the law and said you don't have to list country of origin anymore. They allow a phony go-around to hide the country of manufacture.

Note the dates...

2008 China bad...2019 China good.

Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Media

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Where I work, they are now wanting country of origin for everything edible in our database. I’ve said before my job is data entry on groceries and it’s one of the bigger companies.

However, I think they can get around some things by importing ingredients from other countries and manufacturing the final product in the US. Like wheat from Ukraine, corn from Mexico, etc. But if most of the item is made here, I think they can put made in USA on it. Like cars, you know the chips are probably from Asia, even if the factory is in Detroit.

·
Storyteller
4,783 Posts
Import Alert 99-30 (fda.gov)
China and milk

(Note: This import alert represents the Agency's current guidance to FDA field personnel regarding the manufacturer(s) and/or products(s) at issue. It does not create or confer any rights for or on any person, and does not operate to bind FDA or the public).
Import Alert # 99-30
Published Date: 04/21/2022
Type: DWPE

So, ya, I guess it is an issue.

Four major companies control 90 percent of the infant formula supply in the United States: Abbott, Mead Johnson, Gerber and Perrigo Nutritionals. Perrigo produces store-brand infant formulas for major stores including Walmart, Sam’s Club, Target, Kroger, CVS and Walgreens. Only three of these — Abbott, Mead Johnson and Gerber — hold the contracts for a food assistance program for mothers and young children called the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC). Benefit recipients are permitted to use only products made by the company contracted with their state. About half the total infant formula purchased is by WIC recipients.

Baby milk factory - largest in US. The closed Abbott Nutrition factory in Sturgis, Mich.
Sky Building Car Cloud Plant

If you live in southern tier States - NIDO may work for you. Yes, Hencho in Mexico, NOT China.

Enriched with 13 essential vitamins and minerals, the Nestle Nido Infant Formula Prebio 1 Plus Powdered Milk Beverage supports healthy immune system development in kids aged 1 year and above. It has the delicious taste of honey and it contains Prebio 1 that helps develop the digestion system. Available in a bulk pack of 12 Nestle Nido Infant Formula Prebio 1 Plus Powdered Milk, it is ideal for supermarkets and convenience stores.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
And this a shock to whom!!!

Here in America…..we can’t wipe our behinds without products from China! 🤬 We learned nothing from the Covid Pandemic (attack). Antibiotics, masks, and much of our food, clothing, and other necessities come from the enemy of freedom and capitalism! What could go wrong? 🤬 memtb

·
I Seen A Sighting!
4,554 Posts
No one remembers China poisoning their own infants with baby formula adulterated with melamine?

Melamine is...well.... a plastic of sorts. Remember melamine dishes when you were a kid? Basically, that stuff.

It 'shows' as a protein in various laboratory assays, and it is, as one can guess, a good 'filler'. So wah lah, Chinese factories thought they'd cut some corners and substitute melamine for real protein, and many infants died.

Then they did it again with 'protein' that was bought by dog food manufacturers here in the US. US 'made', but mixed with ingredients 'sourced' from China, mainly 'protein'. (Yeah, I"m using a lot of ' ' marks, on purpose). Remember Diamond dog food recalls back about 2006, 7, 8? There were other brands too, but Diamond made the news because, frankly, it was the choice food of pit bull breeders. KWIM?

I will not buy jack **** as far as food products from China. I do my absolute best to not buy anything that is highly processed with proteins. I don't trust anything anymore. Corruption and graft exist everywhere, and I have zero doubt the American food industry is no different. Just find a trusted brand of whatever you're buying, that you like and stick with it. Stock it up. Hoard it in quantity. Because short of growing your own whole foods, the present may be as good as food quality gets.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Many cultures in the USA the mothers still pre-chew the food prior to giving it to new eaters.
Labor intensive but this would actually work better than simply pureeing. Salivary amylase from Mom's mouth would start to break down the starch in the food making it easier to digest for child.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hmm read somewhere that the slick Chinese commies are exporting materials to be assembled in Vietnam and another country down that way to circumvent the made in China tags/labels and sell to the good old USA naturally.
We are dealing with some real slicksters overseas.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Many cultures in the USA the mothers still pre-chew the food prior to giving it to new eaters.
My wife, youngest of three sisters that had children, started feeding our son off of the table at 6 or 8 weeks old….mashed potatoes, mashed-up peas, ect. Very soon he would not eat baby food, and the poor little thing was 27 pounds when he started walking ……@ 9 months.

Today, he’s 6’3” and a “very“ solid 235 pounds. I guess breaking with the norm didn’t hurt him much! 😉 memtb

·
Registered
521 Posts
I had heard on the radio 50% of the baby formula comes from China. I could not find it, but one quote said 44% of the baby formula comes from China.

Is your baby formula can marked Made in China?

I had heard years ago on TV the USA changed the law and said you don't have to list country of origin anymore. They allow a phony go-around to hide the country of manufacture.

Note the dates...

2008 China bad...2019 China good.

View attachment 440236
My wife, youngest of three sisters that had children, started feeding our son off of the table at 6 or 8 weeks old….mashed potatoes, mashed-up peas, ect. Very soon he would not eat baby food, and the poor little thing was 27 pounds when he started walking ……@ 9 months.

Today, he’s 6’3” and a “very“ solid 235 pounds. I guess breaking with the norm didn’t hurt him much! 😉 memtb
my god what's wrong with women's tits that they can't breastfeed? Tits folks, it's all about Tits, we are mammals not chickens.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
my god what's wrong with women's tits that they can't breastfeed? Tits folks, it's all about Tits, we are mammals not chickens.
For a multitude of reasons….some women can’t breastfeed! Sometimes medical …..sometimes because of their type of employment! One size does not fit all! 😉 memtb

Reactions: Lava and CRABBY

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
53,788 Posts
Breaking News: It's been discovered that God has issued a solution to the baby formula crisis: MAMARY GLANDS! Yup ... that's right ... the answer has been directly in our line of vision for centuries.

·
Registered
34 Posts
File this under fake news. Overseas manufactured baby formula is only now being flown in from Europe. Basically all formula in US is make in the USA.

Better get better sources for your news.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts