Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede
Here's the link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html
If people turn into stampeding animals over a new Wii or a deal on that new game, how much more so if they believe their city has just been hit with a dirty bomb? This is what those trying to bug out, or even just get home, for that matter, will face in the aftermath of a major terrorist attack on or near a major population center. Are you ready??

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I see it as a thinning of the herd and have no sympathy for this idiots. I don't go out at all on black friday,because I would probably go postal.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
i have to go down to that sess pool for my job like once a week. thats why i carry a "get home bag" cuz if something happens i know i wont be driving out.

·
Destroyer of Marxism.
875 Posts
Uhh... yeah..

However, how many people were trampled fleeing the WTC? How many people rioted and slaughtered each other when the power went down over the entire NE shortly afterwards? Stories like this, while tragic, seem to stand out and get more attention than they deserve. I can still remeber years ago, hearing about fist fights over "Tickle Me Elmo" toys. Don't let stuff like this bring you down too much. Besides, there's a lot worse things happening in India.

·
357 Mag, sex for the hand
439 Posts
I heard this on the radio this morning, I couldnt belive that people could actually do that, to save 20 percent or what ever it may be. Another reason I agree with apocaplyse on that, I dont bother to go out on black Friday, to many idiots on the roads on there cell phones and GPS systems couple that with a "im in a hurry attitude" and you got yourself a recipe for a accident. It is a spooky thought what these people would do if there life was in immediate danger.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just because a person works at Walmart doesnt make him an idiot. Geez.
Also, I'm not sure if a need for more guns is really needed - can you imagine what would have happened if someone was carrying a gun and got a wee bit more pissed off at the guy who just go the last whatever? That would be tragic.

·
RockOut w/ your GlockOut
745 Posts
Also, I'm not sure if a need for more guns is really needed - can you imagine what would have happened if someone was carrying a gun and got a wee bit more pissed off at the guy who just go the last whatever? That would be tragic.
If a worker, a security guard or the manager would have been packing, the people would have walked in an orderly fashion to their desired product, because lets face it, it might be worth killing for but probably not worth dieing for..Either way people would have thought twice before ripping the doors off the hinges.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts

sarcasm, geez.

and a legal CCP would probably not shoot another person for some chinese crap. carry conceal people are generally the most responsible citizens out there.

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
Mob Rule, crowd storm a Walmart and kill employee

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/ga...es/walmart_stampede_captured_in_pictures.html

Hundreds of shoppers smashed through windows at a Long Island Wal-Mart early Friday morning, killing one store employee in the stampede.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."

Take this as a warning. This type of behaviour is going to affect everyone of us who lives in or ever visits an urban area.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts