Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Credit downgrade, DOW dropping like a rock, more and more flash mob riots, London is burning. Have we just shifted gears, and began accelerating into the abyss? :eek:

I have to admit all of these things have me feeling a little on edge. I have spent what I can on preps this pay period, but I am feeling the need to do a little more. :confused:

I am curious what you guys think. Are we watching it happen? Based on what we have seen the last couple of days, are you taking care of some of the things you might, just before it all comes apart?

I have been in contact with my group, and everyone is on notice. Am I overreacting? I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks
Vic

·
Para Bellum
3,855 Posts
Is this the beginning? No, it's the end, where the heck have you been???? :)
I'm waiting til the FED meets tomorrow and watching the market.

Picked up my steel buildings today, was going to wait to put them up til it cooled down a little but after seeing the plunge today, I'll call the concrete company and get rolling a lot sooner.

Not a lot left to do for me, but am moving faster now with what's left. I didn't actually think it would go this quickly.

·
Look Behind You!!
1,586 Posts
As far as the Dow and the downgrade are concerned the jury is still out. Keep an eye on Bank of America. Keep watch and if you see people pulling their cash out of our banking system across the board.

If there were a few million pulling funds out of their bank accounts and this escalated then there will be good reason to worry.

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
Credit downgrade, DOW dropping like a rock, more and more flash mob riots, London is burning. Have we just shifted gears, and began accelerating into the abyss? :eek:

I have to admit all of these things have me feeling a little on edge. I have spent what I can on preps this pay period, but I am feeling the need to do a little more. :confused:

I am curious what you guys think. Are we watching it happen? Based on what we have seen the last couple of days, are you taking care of some of the things you might, just before it all comes apart?

I have been in contact with my group, and everyone is on notice. Am I overreacting? I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks
Vic
It's a slow rot for economics!

By 2012-2013 it should be full tilt and with so many out of work and prices going up, it should spark economic sytle violence and I doubt the government will keep order/control very well...

Just keep your intel and stay awake to better project what/when it could hit your area or disrupt supply lines to your region, etc...

By the way violence in London is pitting ethnic groups against one another so I wonder when will actual U.S. citizens start to target illegal Hispanics here for jobs, etc... and start similar riots?

·
Registered
33,397 Posts

Thanks
Vic
No, the beginning to the end started about 10-12 Trillion dollars ago.

It's just another domino that has fallen. I do believe we have time. The DOW will start to recover in the coming weeks IMO. It fell really big in 2008 but it all recovered.

Make no mistake, we are on a collision course and we will crash at some point, we just don't know when or exactly what that might look like.

In this coming year, States, counties, cities will be running out of stimulus money and there is no national resolve to do another trillion dollar bail-out. The new buzz word in the coming Months will be "cut-backs" on unpresented levels. We may see schools going to 2-3 days a week, post offices working 2-4 days a week etc.

We are in unchartered waters, the experts are all just guessing and that's why they disagree with each other on the outcome.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, the beginning to the end started about 10-12 Trillion dollars ago.

It's just another domino that has fallen. I do believe we have time. The DOW will start to recover in the coming weeks IMO. It fell really big in 2008 but it all recovered.

Make no mistake, we are on a collision course and we will crash at some point, we just don't know when or exactly what that might look like.
After 2008 didn't the Federal Government pump billions into the stock market with QE1 and QE2? Which caused inflation? They have already discussed QE3. Do you think it is likely that they will fire up the printing presses again and try to print their way out of trouble?

·
It's a trick...get an axe
128 Posts
The flash mobs here are a result of our "leadership" not taking any responsibility for anything. So why should the "urban youths" care? They can do what they want because they won't get caught or prosecuted...that and they're bored.

We have a lot of time because the sheeple in the U.S. don't feel the pain enough. We still have the best economy, the best in jobs, and our quality of life is still the best. The sheeple don't mind their dissolving liberties as long as American Idol is on and they can go to Walmart for cheap widgets. With what's going on over here, I'm not sure the sheeple actually have the stomach to push back against tyranny. We're used to standing up against tyranny by proxy - the military and not on our shores.

Remember OPSEC, keep prepping, watch the news, Drudgereport and analyze what is happening. Keep your vigilance but don't panic. I know we like to imagine the "what ifs" and the "this will happen and I'll do that" scenario's, but with and economic crisis, it's not as cut and dry as an EMP, Nuke, Bio attacks or hoards of hungry zombies scouring the countryside in search of sweet sweet brains. But, I digest. This will be slow, long and painful. Kinda like putting a frog in a pot of water. It will stay in the pot until it boils to death.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
I found out about the London riots, Credit Downgrade, and Stock Market tanking on here..........

I really don't care what is happening in the world, I've been to most of the crappy parts of it and realize it's not worth saving.

I will continue to gather supplies and work on my land other than that I really don't give a damned if it's the end or not, doesn't matter to me.

The end just means to me that I don't have to go to work anymore and can go back to concentrating on staying alive fulltime vs paying the electric bill or some stupid tax.

Humans are the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
33,397 Posts
After 2008 didn't the Federal Government pump billions into the stock market with QE1 and QE2? Which caused inflation? They have already discussed QE3. Do you think it is likely that they will fire up the printing presses again and try to print their way out of trouble?
I wouldn't be surprised, if the desperation level get's bad enough the Fed could do anything. China’s growth is built on bottom-up productivity, not top-down bond buying. They seem to have figured out that the alchemy for success is an unusual mixture of boldness and humility...the boldness to imagine the future and the humility to work and sacrifice to achieve it.

Here in the good O'l USA, we are impatient. We seek instant comfort. We consume instead of save, buy rather than build. Our forebears did the heavy lifting to put our economy on top of the world, gave us the best economy the world has ever seen. Can’t we just reap the rewards... a great job for life, a big house filled with the latest entertainment devices, three cars in the garage? Can’t QE3 just give us that?....nope!

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Thanks for the warm and fuzzies. :(

The drive for power, wealth lead to corruption, living beyond your means to keep up with the neighbors leads to massive debt, this is what caused the mess to start with, all are driven by human greed and need to dominate their surroundings.

Let the house of cards collapse, then it will return to the natural order of things and people will live to survive not for HD tv, 4G, or other non essential things.

·
Registered
33,397 Posts
The drive for power, wealth lead to corruption, living beyond your means to keep up with the neighbors leads to massive debt, this is what caused the mess to start with, all are driven by human greed and need to dominate their surroundings.

Let the house of cards collapse, then it will return to the natural order of things and people will live to survive not for HD tv, 4G, or other non essential things.
I hear in Japan they are up to 7G already....just saying:D:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think QE3 is definitely on it's way. But I don't things are going to go to pot over night. I think it's going to be a little slower descent than that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I feel the growing anxiety as well even though I feel very prepared.

I wouldn't describe TSHTF event as having a beginning and end, it's more sideways, around corners, zig zagging and eventually off a cliff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Humans are the problem?

As DocShane posted "humans are the problem." Possibly, but an interesting comment written by a human. Humans are also part of any solutions that may arise. I have to strongly disagree with the other poster who said they've "been to most of the crappy parts of the world and they aren't worth saving." The people who live there might not agree.

Most of the desire to solve problems in other parts of the world by allowing them to decay, or simply outright destroying them, I think are based on the lack of relationships with people in those areas. It is one thing to feel that Sudan isn't worth saving. It is another to say the people of Sudan aren't worth saving.

As for the initial thread, the economy will worsen and probably come close to complete breakdown over the next 10-15 years, but our society will not crumble. Though there are riots in London, there have always been, just as there have been in NYC, L.A., Chicago, etc... It does not represent anarchy on a national level.

·
Got to keep on keepin on
1,648 Posts
We are in unchartered waters, the experts are all just guessing and that's why they disagree with each other on the outcome.
That's why they're off the chart wrong so much. How many times have we heard "Housing unexpectedly dropped last month..." or "Despite analyst predictions xxx did yyy..."

The other problem is .gov fudging the numbers on a continual basis. The Feds have already come out and said 'we lie to you all the time with all these reports because we just go back & revise them a month or 2 later." And that's in the MSM, not just TFH stuff. The foundation isn't just built on sand, but flood plain stuff. And it just keep washing out from under the structure.

The know only thing I "know" is that because they won't give us the "full view", things are most likely similar to the warning on your side mirror
"Warning: Objects are much closer than they appear."

Give yourself additional space when passing! ;)

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I really think that this is NOT the beginning. This crap started During the First Bush presidency when they actually began the process of dismantling America and redistributing its wealth. The Bush Clinton one two punch put us where we are today and we are in my opinion approaching the end game for life as we knew it. What is coming next is the real question. There are many possibilities.

#1, It limps on and either slowly recovers or decays.
#2, world government steps up and promises paradise( Bible Anti Christ)
#3, Revolution in America (which could have another series of outcomes)
#4, A large event triggers mass chaos and death.
#5 add your own Ideas. There are many other things that can happen. I am pretty sure that we are in for number 2. Pun intended. Kingfish

1 - 20 of 54 Posts