Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Apto Aut Morior
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3-years ago I lost my azz, 401K turned to crap, etc. but I never thought it could signal the beginning of the end.

Today is different. It's like a nagging little voice, a reminder that these are volatile times and almost anything could trigger a massive economic collapse.

S&P500 almost below 1200 (UN-good!), 500+ down on the DOW, every single index is down, commodities, even ENERGY TOOK A DIVE.:eek:

Add in Greece, Italy, the Euro, jeez it's depressing.

The only thing shrinking faster than our economy is our military!

Sooo - is this the beginning of the end, or just a correction?

-von

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm asking myself the same thing. I keep coming to these boards to see what the rest of the country is saying - the part of the country with their eyes opened anyway. I'm just glad I've got some time to continue prepping. If you haven't started, now's the time to get moving!

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
Military shrinking? We're still armed to tackle a super-power, occupying WWII (and earlier) bases, and police hotspots around the globe. How many wars and occupations are we involved in now?

The bigger question about these collapses will be what the banksters do to us next, when their markets dry up.

·
Apto Aut Morior
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Military shrinking? We're still armed to tackle a super-power, occupying WWII (and earlier) bases, and police hotspots around the globe. How many wars and occupations are we involved in now?

The bigger question about these collapses will be what the banksters do to us next, when their markets dry up.
Please tell me you're not seriously challenging me on whether our Military is shrinking?

Let's not confuse DEPLOYMENT with RESOURCES. We are roughly 50% of where we were 20-years ago (1990), from a battle-ready resource perspective (USN Battle Groups, USAF Fighter Groups, USA Battalions - any measurement)

The fact that we're deployed in multiple no-win Muslim hell holes is a different Oprah show.

And that's before Monday's cut of $350BB from our defense budget. You know, to pay for entitlement programs....

-von

·
Joe McCarthy was Right!
4,789 Posts
3-years ago I lost my azz, 401K turned to crap, etc. but I never thought it could signal the beginning of the end.

Today is different. It's like a nagging little voice, a reminder that these are volatile times and almost anything could trigger a massive economic collapse.

S&P500 almost below 1200 (UN-good!), 500+ down on the DOW, every single index is down, commodities, even ENERGY TOOK A DIVE.:eek:

Add in Greece, Italy, the Euro, jeez it's depressing.

The only thing shrinking faster than our economy is our military!

Sooo - is this the beginning of the end, or just a correction?

-von
Wisdom comes with experiance. Follow your gut.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
No, this is not the beginning of the end. We have a LONG way to go before that happens. There will be a buyback next week as people take advantage of the drop.
Bro, not trying to bust your balls, but there's NO way you can make that statement with any degree of confidence and authority. Sure, there's a pretty good chance that this is another one of those big,juicy drops, that we'll slowly rebound from in the coming weeks and months.
But, since you and the majority of us here seem to be in full agreement that "IT" is definately coming, and we know it's arrival will be heralded by events like this , then we simply can never know when a big downward spike will be the first wave of a major,world-changing event.
This could very easily be the first in a series of catastrophic economic events,that change the world forever.......or it could just as easily be merely another big roller-coaster drop like all the rest.
Simply ain't no tellin' right yet ;)

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Please tell me you're not seriously challenging me on whether our Military is shrinking?

Let's not confuse DEPLOYMENT with RESOURCES. We are roughly 50% of where we were 20-years ago (1990), from a battle-ready resource perspective (USN Battle Groups, USAF Fighter Groups, USA Battalions - any measurement)

The fact that we're deployed in multiple no-win Muslim hell holes is a different Oprah show.

And that's before Monday's cut of $350BB from our defense budget. You know, to pay for entitlement programs....

-von
I'd actually like to see some numbers on this. Perhaps my eyes were deceiving me that ridiculous amounts of money, equipment, and manpower were added to the armed forces I served in.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Lady Gagaga shed tears over her new assfoward dress

in other minor news-

this is in fact the end of America as we know it

·
All over Europe
3,360 Posts
Everyone take a deep breath.

The global economies shrank down an average of 3% over the past 12-24

The bright side? - An econimic collapse would probably take a few weeks

( :D: plenty of notice)
There's a bit left out there: the past 12-24 what exactly? 12-24 hours, months? I'd really prefer months if you please. And thank you for the line about it taking a bit of time. One is never finished prepping, but even so a few days warning would be much appreciated.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
There's a bit left out there: the past 12-24 what exactly? 12-24 hours, months? I'd really prefer months if you please. And thank you for the line about it taking a bit of time. One is never finished prepping, but even so a few days warning would be much appreciated.
3% average drop, globally, in the past 12-24 hours.

Tomorrow's gonna [email protected] as well...

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
It's the end of the beginning.
Eyebone already beat you to that line ;). That being said, I think we can safely assume that we're somewhere in the middle or somewhere in the end, but the "beginning" has long sailed by.
My vote for "the beginning" of the fall of the United States would have to be the Federal Reserve Act in 1913.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts