Survivalist Forum banner

Is this RSS feed?

313 11
I read and contribute via 2 iPads. Just recently my older air iPad loads the forum site as shown. Looks like what ive seen called RSS feed. I could be wrong on that. In any case, I cant get past that version. No new posts no posts by category, just the outline/ map. Im using Safari on that air iPad. Ive tried reboot but no change. My newer iPad is fine with either Safari or Duck Duck Go.
The air has better signal range and I have to use it to connect in the garage/shop.
Any advise would be most welcome.
Jim

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7,021 Posts
Thats behind the screen stuff. Page hasn't fully loaded.
When I get that, happens on other sites also, I refresh the page and it fully loads. Sometimes have to do it a couple of times.
My satellite connection is not what the companies brag about.

· Registered
7,021 Posts
Odd. Well I don't do iPads so I have no trouble shooting ideas on those.

· Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,046 Posts
Older iPads have problems with wifi on 5gigahertz. If you have the option try connecting the older one on 2.4 gigahertz. I had to set up a second network on my router I named olderipads set to run on 2.4 and WEP instead of WPA to allow my iPad mini1 and iPad2 to connect reliably.

· Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just started doing the same on my F-150 forum. Strongly suspect its due to the age of the air iPad & changes at the forums. No longer supported w/ updates.
Newer iPad works just fine.

· Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. The older iPad has superior Wi Fi signal capture compared to my newer model. Router/ location/ browser unchanged, other urls all work fine. Just another part of the technology that gets changed and let the cards fall where they will. Not saying the site is the cause. Something has changed as its been fine for years.
Dont feel like jumping through Apple hoops to dig out a unresolvable reply due to age of device.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts