Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Let the Debate begin
6,320 Posts
There is ONLY one rule in survival. YOU need to be the one ALIVE when it is over!

"Quote"

I disagree. If the threat has ended, but you just have to go stomp the
guy afterwards and it ends up being proven in court-
the idiot in Jail ends up in a fate worse than death.

Fight hard, fight dirty, but when its over get the F out of
there.

A lot of people in prison are there because they just had to
destroy someone who just needed an ass whooping.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The most important

The most important thing to do in a fight is to deliver the first injury.

You can not prevail in a fight without injuring your assailant.

You need to injure him before he injures you.

If you can deliver the first blow your chances of winning go way up.

This does not mean you started the fight.

You can begin to defend yourself when you feel threatened.

·
My Hero Was Derion Albert
2,026 Posts
I was a nerdy kid uncoordinated and always reading books. Not strong, I was bullied, got beat up more than a few times. Okay a lot. 2-3 times a year. enough to make me believe to this day kids from age 12 to 17 are psychotic and cruelest things on the planet.
8th grade some guy spat on me for no reason. I chased him down and grabbed him by the hair the same time he grabs me by the hair. He says "Let go of my hair" I did. He held onto my hair and controlled my head the rest of the fight (well, beating) and beat me stupid. Pulled my jacket over my head and went to work on the mid section. He was on hockey and wrestling teams.
Thats when I learned there isnt such thing as a dirty fight. Claiming someone fights dirty is done by the losers.
In HS I moved to another state. I grew quite a bit over the summer we were relocating, and I put on a LOT of muscle, coordination and height. I decided I was NOT going to be beaten up ever again. One night at a party some 27 yo dude started trouble with one of my friends. I beat his ass silly. My sister told me later the **** I did to this guy was not cool, it took 4-5 people to get me to let this guy go. They had to take him to the hospital.
No one ever laid a hand on me ever again in HS.
I Fought several times after HS and won, by going totally berserk and not stopping. Dont think about pain you feel. Think about the pain you are inflicting. When you get beat up a lot you know what hurts and where and how to make that person feel that pain and what the effects are.
Dirty fights? no such thing. there are just the fights you walk away from and the ones you crawl away from after.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I accepted early on that I'd do anything, and I mean anything, to prevent my family from having to see a chaplain walking up the front steps of our house. If the choice was me going to Leavenworth for committing a war crime or the chaplain visiting my folks, I was ready to serve the time. Most guys I served with felt the same way, and I'd do whatever I had to to get the ones who didn't feel that way out of my unit either walking or being carried on a litter or in a bag.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,585 Posts
Fighting Guide Video

Boy Named Sue

Well, I hit him hard right between the eyes
And he went down, but to my surprise,
He come up with a knife and cut off a piece of my ear.
But I busted a chair right across his teeth
And we crashed through the wall and into the street
Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
No such thing as dirty fighting, even though I have been accused of dirty fighting in my youth. Dad took all that fight nice outside of the boxing ring right out of me as a child with a rule he made when I was around 8 or 9 and a bit of a wuss when it came to fighting. If I let anyone treat me like a punching bag and he found out and that I did nothing to put an end to it, well I got to go another around with dad and his belt. I was far more afraid of him than kids my size so I became a bit more violent and people started leaving me alone. And as he told me, if it is a bigger kid bullied me I should get my baseball bat, and wait to catch him alone and administer a dose of "Don't mess with me."

Then in my mid to late teens we moved to an area where the kids had this strange (to me at least) idea of fair fights, and they decided I was not to be messed with as I explained and demonstrated on a couple of occasions that it was my opinion that the only fair fight I believed in was the one in which I won at any and all cost. Gave me a reputation as one not to be messed with pretty quickly as most decided it was better to find a more willing victim.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If are an adult and in a situation where you have to fight, assume your opponent wants to either maim or kill you. Respond in kind. Anything less is a fool's game.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
On another forum they were discussing how Antifa is training to use breaker tools to shatter car windows of people driving by their blockades and use cutter tools to cut their seatbelt to extract them from the car. One responder said use a knife to stab them in the eye. when they come through the window.

My reply to him...

I like how you think!

But really, my knife would only come into play after my mags were empty. Dirty fighting never enters my mind. A old samurai would tell students...think only of cutting. That is how things are headed now. Think only of stopping the threat. (sugar coated version.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
For dirty fighting look up "rough & tumble" fighting aka gouging.

It was an actual American martial art rooted in Dixie.

https://hubpages.com/politics/Science-Art-or-Brutality-What-Is-The-American-Fighting-Form

https://ejmas.com/jmanly/articles/2001/jmanlyart_gorn_0401.htm

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/rough-and-tumble-the-deeply-southern-tradition-of-nose-biting-testicle-ripping-and-eye-gouging

·
spirit animal / unicorn
1,980 Posts
I was just noticing that kicking someone when he's down-- like the protestor did to that weird fella during the riot yesterday-- is illegal in the UFC.

You can sit down on a guy's stomach and pound him with your fist as much as you want, but you can't run up to him and kick him.

·
Is that all?
808 Posts
I'm a big believer that being underestimated by your opponent is a big advantage. If you're smaller, it's inevitable a lot of people will look at you as someone who they can pick on. Nothing wrong with avoiding a fight, but if it comes down to it, you're better off if your opponent doesn't expect much from you, and you unleash a tornado of punches, kicks, elbows, headbutts and knees.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts