Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Dog & Reptiles eater
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking if there is any camouflage pattern (both military or commercial) that mimic the pattern of these cat species (the pattern not the color).

So far this cat pattern is the most effective camouflage pattern I've ever seen. It's so effective I've never seen firsthand any of these cats species (2 species) in the wild. If there is any camouflage pattern that mimic the pattern it's only need to change to coloration accordingly.

Thanks beforehand :)

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
ehat species are they ? It looks like two different species.
Do you live in an area where you would see these if you were in their habitat?

·
Dog & Reptiles eater
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What cat? :)
Those cats in my post

ehat species are they ? It looks like two different species.
The first is Neofelis diardi borneensis while the rest two is Neofelis diardi diardi

If you notice the coat pattern is resemble something of pattern-within-pattern feature. so far the only camouflage pattern I knew that has uch feature were A-TACS, however even the latest A-TACS X series pattern doesn't mimic the reticulated pattern of those cats (which is much more effective camouflage even when they are moving)

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
French Lizard,is somewhat like that, New Zealand,is sorta that way, (Paratrooper) but if you wanna disappear get enough burlap and make you a "tree tux" hide in plain sight if you do it right. (tree tux =ghille suit)

·
Dog & Reptiles eater
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking Rhodesian bush (brushstroke) stripes over pattern-ish
French Lizard,is somewhat like that, New Zealand,is sorta that way, (Paratrooper) but if you wanna disappear get enough burlap and make you a "tree tux" hide in plain sight if you do it right. (tree tux =ghille suit)
Both pattern Rhodesian bush & Lizard are roughly similar in appearance but I don't think both of those pattern will be more effective compare to Woodland DPM due to the lack of counter shading, furthermore both pattern are not 3D pattern.

:wow Yup. As long as she stood perfectly still you'd never notice her.
I would definitely notice her even when she is lying still on the couch or bed :D:

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
At The Front occasionally has WWII German ponchos that are a spotted camo that is very effective. Not exactly what you're talking about, but then God designed those kitties skins, not man.

WW

shoot straight - stay safe

·
Dog & Reptiles eater
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At The Front occasionally has WWII German ponchos that are a spotted camo that is very effective. Not exactly what you're talking about, but then God designed those kitties skins, not man.
I assumed you referring to any of these patterns?

Eichenlaubmuster

Erbsenmuster

Got to admit though, the Wehrmacht really know how to mimic mother nature to create effective camouflage pattern

·
Dog & Reptiles eater
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
check ebay close as i can find. search Leopard pattern camouflage but expensive this one is $1300
That probably as close as it get. Although I wonder what make them so expensive.

Spot the leopard.

I still failed to spot the cat in this picture :( Even those goats have camouflage color (albeit ineffective against any cat or canine).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts