Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following the news about that volcano in Iceland and it could be the start of TEOTWAWKI in a wimpering kind of way and not a big bang.If [ yes big IF ] the father of that baby volcano erupts [ and it has every other time the 'baby' did ] we could have the world facing a permenant winter with no sun to grow food or charge batterys and no way to get power as all machinery has failed due to volcanic dust in turbines and ALL motors.Just throwing this out there for those that might have missed the possibility.
If this were to happen,how would you deal with it and are you prepared for this ?.​

·
Trust but verify
660 Posts
Prepared, no not really. A lot of people in California believe Mammoth area will explode some day and put ash all over us for hundreds of miles depending on the wind. It’s relatively young as dormant volcanoes go I am told.

·
Trust but verify
660 Posts
Adobewalls thx for the good read. I remember seeing the movie Krakatoa, East of Java when I was a kid. Great movie to watch. Also, not too long ago I saw a documentary where surverivers in the Indonesia area told how a heat wave came down their mountain so fast that they only survived because their father wraped them in rugs just in time with their mom. Very frightening indeed.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,750 Posts
Depends on how long it lasts. I could swing a couple years pretty easily. But after that, it's going to get pretty lean if we can't grow food.

I figure it's wise to keep an eye on everything that looks like a risk factor, but keep eyes in the back of your head too. It's the things you least expect that'll hit you the hardest. Those who prepare for a particular scenario are risking being blindsided by the unexpected.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
twas my point

Depends on how long it lasts. I could swing a couple years pretty easily. But after that, it's going to get pretty lean if we can't grow food.

I figure it's wise to keep an eye on everything that looks like a risk factor, but keep eyes in the back of your head too. It's the things you least expect that'll hit you the hardest. Those who prepare for a particular scenario are risking being blindsided by the unexpected.
That was my idea in posting as most are looking at a political form of SHTF or EOTW - so I was just pointing out a possible backdoor that some might have missed.If this scenerio were to happen = it would be with a BANG and not allow prep time at all.Or not :D:.

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
If I get one more crappy summer whether from a volcano or what not, Im personally going to be the event everyones waiting for, the mother of all SHTFs. :mad:

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
I've always felt that it would be volcanic in nature ... every since I was a teenager. A caldera probably ... wouldn't be surprised if it was Yellowstone. It's way past due and it has blown many times before.

Has anyone ever wondered why the human species was so slow getting to the North American continent? Think about it.

What cataclysmic event could keep happening over and over that would stunt the evolution of man on this continent alone and no others? Think about it.

Let's say for just a minute that we forget about Creationism in the truest sense of the word and consider some form of evolution, although not from monkeys. Now consider that perhaps the archeologists have it right ... that modern man immigrated to this continent over a frozen land bridge between Siberia and Alaska during the last Ice Age some time between 16,000 and 13,000 years ago. (I started studying this when I accidently found a Clovis point while digging the foundation to my Grandfather's house with a shovel back in the early seventies.)

The second largest eruption happened at Yellowstone some 150,000 years ago and it wiped out most life on this continent. A smaller, but very deadly eruption, happened some 70,000 years ago and it would have devastated us today taking out everything but the Southeastern United States ... which, strangely enough, is where many of the first Clovis civilation records were first discovered.

Now, over the course of the last 17 million years there is a fossil record of these eruptions occurring, on average, every 65,000 years.

We're approximately 5,000 years past due for Yellowstone to pop.

Now, consider this.

The Yellowstone Caldera has been constantly measured since the early '20s ... I went there with my family in the mid seventies. Within my lifetime the Yellowstone plateau has risen some three feet with the greatest increases in the upward movement being recorded since 2004 at roughly 3" per year. Until 2004 and since it was first recorded in the early 20s it has only risen a little over a half an inch per year.

Think about it.

Now, again, ask yourself ... why were all other continents on this early heavily populated by the time the great migration took place over the ice bridge during the last Ice Age? Why was this continent so void of human life until that time and why were there no records, as there were in Biblical stories, of other great disasters? Records which were kept through many different cultures?

Now, finally, think about this. What does "fire from the sky" really mean to you in Biblical prophecy, and why?

I know a certain reality that I accepted long ago as a teenage boy - it came to me as clear as a bell. It may not happen in my life time, but it'll happen sooner rather than later. The pressure numbers taken at Yellowstone do not lie ... and there have been too many mini earthquakes, too many rumblings, for something not to be going on down there in that massive magma chamber.

One more thing. Where is our bread basket that feeds half the world and why is it so rich and fertile in the first place? So, if you know the answer to that, then you'll understand why might happen if there was even a small eruption up there and what it might lead to.

BTW ... I mentioned the second largest eruption happened 150,000 years ago. The largest was about 670,000 years ago and they think those supermassive eruptions happen about every 650,000 years over the past 17 million years. So we are not only about 5,000 years overdue for an eruption, but we are about 20,000 years past due for a supermassive eruption.

Think about that.

And they have the volcanic ash records in our rock formations to prove it. The Grand Canyon was instrumental in providing us that geological record.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts