Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
That comes out to about $0.50 per illegal immigrant in Texas.
So??
Sounds like someone should fix the broken immigration system. This Country was built by immigrants.
Mine came here in 1800 & I can promise you none of the stopped to take a test or fill out any paperwork. They just found work, which is what most illegal immigrants do today.
Either that or just try to get their kids somewhere where they'll have a future.
I would say where their kids could have an education & proper medical treatment, but seems like conservatives fight tooth & nail to prevent even native born Americans from receiving those blessings.
For a Country as wealthy as America WHY wouldn't anyone except quality affordable education & health care to be available? Yet conservatives would rather keep people broke trying to provide them for themselves & their kids. SMH..

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I'm not sure if "poorly run" is entirely fair. From some levels, maybe. But I also think that their politicians, and to some extent a large portion of population, is complacent.

It's sort of like the people here in western Ohio a decade ago when we were all bitching to the cities and municipalities that all the dead trees hanging over the power lines would cause problems. The city laughed at us, and nobody reacted to the news reports of our efforts. Then came the ice storm. Most of 7 counties out of power. Cable & phone out for 2-3 weeks. Everyone was in a panic, because .... ice took down all the dead trees onto the power, cable, and phone lines and took down the infrastructure.

Average person doesn't care of preemptive maintenance, or preparation. They bitch when they lose what they expect to have.
My sentiments exactly. I posted in another thread that in the 2009 Ice Storm I was out of line power for 8 days and knew many who went for weeks. Mostly trees across power lines and that scenario repeated itself last week in much of the Eastern part of the State of Ky with more than 100k out of power last week. Complacency rules the day and people don't want to add to the avg. 10.33 cents per kwh we in Ky. pay to either bury or keep right-of-ways clear of tree limbs. I noticed California had it's first non-wildfire related rolling power blackouts in almost 20 years even though their power costs avg. 8 - 9 cents/kwh higher than Texas. Texas COULD have used wind turbines secured against low temps but that inevitably comes with higher costs. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :)

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
So??
Sounds like someone should fix the broken immigration system. This Country was built by immigrants.
Mine came here in 1800 & I can promise you none of the stopped to take a test or fill out any paperwork. They just found work, which is what most illegal immigrants do today.
Either that or just try to get their kids somewhere where they'll have a future.
I would say where their kids could have an education & proper medical treatment, but seems like conservatives fight tooth & nail to prevent even native born Americans from receiving those blessings.
For a Country as wealthy as America WHY wouldn't anyone except quality affordable education & health care to be available? Yet conservatives would rather keep people broke trying to provide them for themselves & their kids. SMH..
That was 220 years ago, 70% of the country east of the Mississippi River was forested, Kentucky and Tennessee were the 14th and 15th states. My state would be the 16th state in 3 years....

Try another example. 2021 is several degrees of magnitude different than your timeframe.

Unless you ride a horse to work, know anyone who recently died of cholera or actually lived during the American Revolution.....you point lacks relevancy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
That was 220 years ago, 70% of the country east of the Mississippi River was forested, Kentucky and Tennessee were the 14th and 15th states. My state would be the 16th state in 3 years....

Try another example. 2021 is several degrees of magnitude different than your timeframe.

Unless you ride a horse to work, know anyone who recently died of cholera or actually lived during the American Revolution.....you point lacks relevancy.
So medical technology has gotten better & transportation is different now, so what?
People have been & ARE STILL coming to America to make a better life for themselves & their families, something we used to be proud of.
They're still going to come, what's outdated & irrelevant today is the antiquated immigration system that needs to be updated & streamlined to meet the needs of those several magnitudes of difference you correctly pointed out.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Very true, so lets get right to the bslance line then. When your ancestors and mine came here they were promised equality of rights and equality of oppurtunity. That includes failure(s), but also possible success, all of which was entirely on them alone and thier efforts and wallet alone.

The difference now is by the policies and goals of our current administration. Those terms are no longer valid. Now, you and me and every other taxpayer are expected to pay for thier every need out of our efforts, our wallets, in addition to that of any actual citizen that fails.

That gives us, you and me and every US taxpayer, a financial and legal interest in immigration because WE PAID FOR IT. universal healthcare? Same deal. This spendfest in DC? Same deal.

Lets votr with our wallets....calculate the annual costs in benefits and lost taxes per illegal alien, multiplied by number currently in our borders AND on thier way here, divided by the numbrr of individual tax returns domestically.

The number is what you will individually owe the feral and stae government in 2021.

Now vote.....if you dare. Every year that total is adjusted but aggregate with your current unpaid balance.

Its feels good to have these altruistic dreams but adults are required to deal in numbers, dollars and cents. We are all adults here.

Thats what I mean. If they get in, they all get a ssn number an DC a photo ID. They will need that to pay taxes, get a DL, vote, pay bills. Like our ancestors, go as far as they are sble. Buy thier own efforts snd on thier own wallet.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Very true, so lets get right to the bslance line then. When your ancestors and mine came here they were promised equality of rights and equality of oppurtunity. That includes failure(s), but also possible success, all of which was entirely on them alone and thier efforts and wallet alone.

The difference now is by the policies and goals of our current administration. Those terms are no longer valid. Now, you and me and every other taxpayer are expected to pay for thier every need out of our efforts, our wallets, in addition to that of any actual citizen that fails.

That gives us, you and me and every US taxpayer, a financial and legal interest in immigration because WE PAID FOR IT. universal healthcare? Same deal. This spendfest in DC? Same deal.

Lets votr with our wallets....calculate the annual costs in benefits and lost taxes per illegal alien, multiplied by number currently in our borders AND on thier way here, divided by the numbrr of individual tax returns domestically.

The number is what you will individually owe the feral and stae government in 2021.

Now vote.....if you dare. Every year that total is adjusted but aggregate with your current unpaid balance.

Its feels good to have these altruistic dreams but adults are required to deal in numbers, dollars and cents. We are all adults here.

Thats what I mean. If they get in, they all get a ssn number an DC a photo ID. They will need that to pay taxes, get a DL, vote, pay bills. Like our ancestors, go as far as they are sble. Buy thier own efforts snd on thier own wallet.
Yes, & Adults make decisions based on FACTS, not assumptions or rumors, Adults actually research the topic & they are able to cite the sources of the information they use to make those decisions.

"Research reviewed by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office indicates that between 50 percent and 75 percent of unauthorized immigrants pay federal, state, and local taxes. Illegal immigrants are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security. In addition, they spend billions of dollars per year, which supports the US economy and helps to create new jobs. The Texas State Comptroller reported in 2006 that the 1.4 million unauthorized immigrants in Texas added almost $18 billion to the gross state product, and contributed $1.58 billion in state revenue, while costing the state about $1.16 billion in services used.
The Social Security and Medicare contributions of illegal immigrants directly support older Americans, as illegal immigrants are not eligible to receive these services, although their children born in the United States are eligible for such benefits. Illegal immigrants pay social security payroll taxes but are not eligible for benefits. During 2006, Standard & Poor's analysts wrote: "Each year, for example, the U.S. Social Security Administration maintains roughly $6 billion to $7 billion of Social Security contributions in an "earnings suspense file"—an account for W-2 tax forms that cannot be matched to the correct Social Security number. The vast majority of these numbers are attributable to undocumented workers who will never claim their benefits. For 2010, the Social Security Administration estimated that unauthorized immigrants and their employers paid $13 billion in required social security payroll taxes."

·
Registered
237 Posts

Facts are what Adults use to make decisions. They don't rely on " what everybody knows".
Table 1: What Federal Benefits are Undocumented Immigrants Eligible For?
Source: Congressional Budget Office and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Previous ColumnNext Column
Benefit TypeEligibility
Tax Credits (Refundable)Ineligible for most tax credits; ITIN holders with U.S. children can receive the Child Tax Credit
Pell Grants & Student LoansIneligible
Unemployment InsuranceIneligible
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)Ineligible
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)Ineligible
Social SecurityIneligible
MedicaidEmergency service only
Health Care Premium and Cost-Sharing AssistanceIneligible
Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)No federal care; some states cover for labor and delivery, prenatal, and postpartum care

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Table 1: What Federal Benefits are Undocumented Immigrants Eligible For?
Source: Congressional Budget Office and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Previous ColumnNext Column
Benefit TypeEligibility
Tax Credits (Refundable)Ineligible for most tax credits; ITIN holders with U.S. children can receive the Child Tax Credit
Pell Grants & Student LoansIneligible
Unemployment InsuranceIneligible
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)Ineligible
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)Ineligible
Social SecurityIneligible
MedicaidEmergency service only
Health Care Premium and Cost-Sharing AssistanceIneligible
Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)No federal care; some states cover for labor and delivery, prenatal, and postpartum care
Thats me too, and I am a citizen, born and raised. So, if you are actually serious in your research, are you brave enough to take a hard stare at what they are eligable for? Beyond DACA, which they could all pass, at least the first two sections of the citizenship test. I am positive that there would be plenty of volunteers to teach the last third, the hard part. What about YOU? I did my time teaching it, a volunteer. Hable espanial?

When you get a chance, research post-obama stats...prove your own commitment. I have already. Now for the dark corners....

Specifically:
Welfare
Motor-voter
WIC
ADC
Voting
Public office
Citizenship
Anchor babies
etc.

You know, like the rules of Mexico....

You pay state taxes.....check your state. They split costs with the feds. Are you in a sanctuary state? I dont need to know or even want to know what state or thier policies, but you should.

Do immigration policies need to be upgraded? Modernized? Absolutely. Do we need to open the gates and the national CC? No, we do not. Its an earned equ as lity of oppurtunity, not a given equality of outcome.... land of dreams? Yes, but it is earned. It has rules and standards and laws. That why it isnt a third world hellhole like what they are running from. The corruption they are running from. The gangs they are running from..

They need skin in the game to strive for. Beyond thier votes....just saying.

·
Purrpared
642 Posts
I think it is a sign of things to come, but there were signs all along the road we took to get here, too. Our infrastructure is old, much of it is electronically and physically unsecured, and many companies don't spend to maintain things until they actually break. We don't even manufacture many of the replacement parts we'd need if a bigger storm over a wider area shut everything down for a week.

The only real question people face now is whether to accept this and make contingency plans for the grid going down for long intermittent periods, or hiding their heads in the sand and saying every severe storm that comes along is an anomaly, even when the "unexpected event" happens five or six times a winter, year after year. We just aren't going to be as comfortable and confident in anything as we were in years past.

It's going to be hard for some people to wrap their heads around the fact that water, power, sewer and other public services are no longer a guarantee no matter who you are or where you're at. When it's 17 degrees at night, the pipes are frozen and the power is out, my neighbor may have a fancy car and a big bank account, but my 0 degree rated sleeping bag and full, unfrozen water cooler bottle mean I'm richer. Major societal and thinking shift.

I plead guilty to dealing with all the inconveniences of a 25 hour power outage in well below freezing temperatures like a champ -- until it was time for bed, and I cussed like a heathen sailor because I didn't have a workaround for the heating pad that warms up my titanium ladder-repaired neck so I can sleep horizontal. I'm lucky that was our worst problem. There's a steep learning curve in the future for all of us, I'm afraid, with varying degrees of bad outcome for any lack of foresight.

·
Semper Fi
9,226 Posts
So medical technology has gotten better & transportation is different now, so what?
People have been & ARE STILL coming to America to make a better life for themselves & their families, something we used to be proud of.
They're still going to come, what's outdated & irrelevant today is the antiquated immigration system that needs to be updated & streamlined to meet the needs of those several magnitudes of difference you correctly pointed out.
And yet another bleeding heart, SJW, leftist joins the board.

Where does it say that America HAS to take every single person that wants to come here? We sure DON'T have to accept those that enter illegally.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts