Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A bad, bad man
215 Posts
Some American commentators on the radio last night said big trouble could be brewing if the nations monitary system and style of govt is not resolved soon.

Gotta wonder which side we Brits would side with if the US splits ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14258888
Doom and gloom news my friends. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. But if you did choose a side, make sure its for the one that represents the essence of the original American experiment.

·
Old Git
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotta be the south..we dont want anything to do with them damn northerners:D:...................only kidding NR!:D::thumb:
Sorry to ruin your dream Sir, but by my reckoning all Americans are southerners, look at a globe anything under 50 degrees north is south, and thats all of America :D::D::D::D: Your ALL dixielanders, its the Canucks who are your northerners, Lake Erie on almost on the Equator :xeye::rolleyes::thumb:

·
Registered
858 Posts
I imagine we would try our best to prevent a split as the destabalisation that would occur to the world would be similar to that of the collapse of the Roman empire.

·
Registered
459 Posts
NIt would be in 10 parts. Fema has already set up 10 sectors. In case of trouble or such theyre split the country. Dont you all pay att. to the conspericy theories?:D:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Very interesting question, lots of possible answers...

Unlike the Late Unpleasantness, referred to by some as "The Civil War," the next conflict will be fought along regional/geopolitical/demographic areas, not lines upon a map, delineating "North or South." If you look at the states that were red (Republican) and blue (Democrat) that were the result of the 2000 General Election, it's impossible to make cohesive entities that would be as simplistic as those of 1861-65. Logistics would be a nightmare, should the conflict last as much as a year.

Frankly, I don't see such an event being either likely, or even practical, should a war against tyranny become necessary. Combat would be fast, decisive, and final. Why? Unlike the last endeavor, there are more patriots nationwide, and more combat veterans in the nation, anytime since WWII... Most will not go against the Constitution, something that those in power refuse to consider... Too, those currently in uniform, would be unlikely to obey orders that were illegal under the UCMJ, or those that conflict with the Constitution.

I dare say that if you could take a time machine back to the time before the Late Unpleasantness, and showed all Union Forces, Army and Navy, what has transpired within this country over the last 146 years, the majority of men would have fought for freedom- on the side of the Confederacy...

Slavery was never the issue- it was killing the South economically. Slavery was on its way out of the picture. Most Southerners never had slaves. What was the issue, and still is, is the nearly eternal striving of the Federal government to violate the Constitution, and remove the power, and the right of the States, to govern themselves, as per the Constitution...

When, or if, this nation returns to the Constitution, our course in the river of history will be less fraught with peril. Until it does, each man, woman, and child is at risk, as are their privileges, rights, and freedoms... As things now stand, I love my country, but fear my government...

As for me, I will do as I swore back in 1969. Defend and protect the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, both foreign and domestic...

My family lineage, that we can document, goes back to 1066. My ancestors are buried inside the church at Stokes Poges. I have signatories of both the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution of the United States. I'm third generation, continuous, of serving in the U.S. Navy.

I am an old geezer, and take this "stuff" seriously. When the bugle blows, I shall be there...

Old Archer, out...

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
it wont be north vs south, more east coast west coast vs the rest. control of resourses will be the idea. here air power is usless if you cant control the ground

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Some American commentators on the radio last night said big trouble could be brewing if the nations monitary system and style of govt is not resolved soon.

Gotta wonder which side we Brits would side with if the US splits ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14258888

it would take the will of the ppl to do either and ATM not many ppl at all want either one and i think it would take ALOT to move the ppl toward either one. if it ever did happen (which i highly dought) the britts would probably not back either side because the elite will fund bothsides.

·
A bad, bad man
215 Posts
What! Shooting Brits ? :)
I wouldn't shoot Brits. I am a firm believer in Churchill's idea that it is up to the English speaking people to save the world (I am a JIngoist after all). The last time I was with the British we shot together and the time before that we drank like fish in Heidelberg for a Combat Land Expo we worked. Sadly, I must admit defeat, those tankers outdrank me 2:1.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts