Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Protector
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to purchase a ruger 10/22 and convert it with an Archangel Marauder kit before congress takes up the ban process after the holiday - we all know it's coming. My question is two fold. (oh, I'm buying the carbine wood stock because I like the black barrel - not the takedown version)

1. Is the 10/22 on the gun ban list? As it is defined according to some of the leaked information the following would be banned: "Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles)." The Ruger 10/22 holds 10 but I will buy 25 round mags.

2. Is the Archangel kit on the ban list since it ads the ability to convert 10 to 25 rounds and has a pistol grip?

Should I buy both now before congress goes back in session and Fienstein introduces the new ban bill, or the gun first and then the kit or vice versa?

Sorry for the ignorance. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
i doubt the ruger itself will be banned . its a rimfire afterall . but the kit might be banned . tho even here in canada 22lr dosent have a magazine cap .

·
Banned
6,146 Posts
doubt anyone really knows

seems to me they would not be banned in original configuration but might end up with some silly points system. Can't manufacture with more than x number of features, pistol grip, rail, ect. Can't manufacture magazines with capacity greater than y.

One thing people forget even if 'we' say manafacture is when the receiver is built, 'they' don't care about our definitions so adding features to a receiver may well be considered manufactureing by 'them'

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Future legislation will most likely bring the national restriction in keeping with the most restrictive state legislation currently enforced. The Marauder kit is illegal in 4 states already, because it has a folding stock, so anticipate that to be a national standard.

As I understand it, Feinstein's proposal would not ban the 10/22, but will ban magazines greater than 10 ... not grandfather, ban, so not like the Clinton ban. Manufacture, sale and possession would all be illegal. It will also address pistol grips, flash hiders, bayonet lugs, folding stocks, etc.

·
NRA member
140 Posts
there is no list yet , just count on it being a Clinton ban list with a few twists.
the 10/22 is a great gun
your not allowed to drink and drive,go over the speed limit,have drugs,ect.
So if you have one you can just join the millions that already break the law.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I have not paid attention to this stuff, but you said that "it sais" fixed magazine except tubular .22 that leads me to believe that they mean the ones that are not detachable, do they make a fixed magazine over 10? I've heard rumblings that they are going to ban magazines as well but I have not really been paying attention, at this point I believe it is one great scare tactic, don't get me wrong I believe they will try but I think it will be a while before it gets in and with each of these shootings it gets closer. I highly doubt the 10/22 will ever be on any ban list, thought the 25 and 50 round mags may.

·
Registered
592 Posts
IIRC the mags were indeed on the ban list last time. The pistol grip by itself will not ban the gun. If it is similar to the Clinton ban, any rifle with a detachable magazine AND two of the following: pistol grip, flash suppressor, bayonet mount, grenade launcher (LOL), folding or telescoping stock.

The fixed mag provision you quoted is not applicable to the 10/22 because it doesnt have one.

·
Protector
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up a few ruger bx25 round mags last night online and also got the archangel marauder kit from CTD. Today the 25 round mags were already sold out or the price had been jacked up so I guess I'll just keep a few. The problem now - which I never suspected given its popularity - is that the 10/22 LR Carbine w/ the wood stock is sold out everywhere. The best price I found was $197 at Academy but the guy told me that they were holding off on placing an order for any semi-autos for 5 days to confer with their suppliers since the suppliers had jacked the prices up on them.

I guess I'll also pickup some 10 round rotary mags - no interest in the 50/100 round mags as they tend to be one big PITA w/ all the jams. I just want it for plinking and playing around anyway.

As far as emailing the illustrious Feinstein - I think I'll pass on that one. I'm not sure I could keep it clean or professional at this point LOL.

·
Tin Can Sailor
3,242 Posts
Why is everyone acting as if "the ban" has already been passed? The hypocracy here is amazing, just a bunch of sheeple in wolf hides. Why not get ****ed and tell the liberals to stick it, and demand our the we keep our rights?

If there is a ban, and the Ruger 10/22 is put on it then it's on it. Otherwise it won't be.

·
Protector
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is no ban list. :thumb:
Fienstein's proposed list on earlier attempt is listed below. Not really much reason to doubt they will use this list as a guide, albeit preliminary - with the boneheads on the hill - anything's possible.

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine
Sturm Ruger Mini-14
AR-15
Bushmaster XM15
Armalite M15
AR-10
Thompson 1927
Thompson M1
AK
AKM
AKS
AK-47
AK-74
ARM
MAK90
NHM 90
NHM 91
SA 85
SA 93
VEPR
Olympic Arms PCR
AR70
Calico Liberty
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or DragunovSVU
Fabrique National FN/FAL
FN/LAR, or FNC
Hi-Point20Carbine
HK-91, HK-93
HK-94
HK-PSG-1
Thompson 1927 Commando
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle
Saiga
SAR-8
SAR-4800
SKS with detachable magazine
SLG 95
SLR 95 or 96
Steyr AU
Tavor
Uzi
Galil and Uzi Sporter
Galil Sporter or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz)

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110
MAC-10
MAC-11
MPA3
Olympic Arms OA
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion or AB-10
Uzi

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG
SPAS 12 or LAW 12
Striker 12
Streetsweeper

Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
(i) a folding or telescoping stock,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).

A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

A semiautomatic shotgun with:
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

·
derp
119 Posts
so its pretty much what NJ already does with a few added in. welcome to my hell if it happens folks.

Fienstein's proposed list on earlier attempt is listed below. Not really much reason to doubt they will use this list as a guide, albeit preliminary - with the boneheads on the hill - anything's possible.

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
M1 Carbine
Sturm Ruger Mini-14
AR-15
Bushmaster XM15
Armalite M15
AR-10
Thompson 1927
Thompson M1
AK
AKM
AKS
AK-47
AK-74
ARM
MAK90
NHM 90
NHM 91
SA 85
SA 93
VEPR
Olympic Arms PCR
AR70
Calico Liberty
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or DragunovSVU
Fabrique National FN/FAL
FN/LAR, or FNC
Hi-Point20Carbine
HK-91, HK-93
HK-94
HK-PSG-1
Thompson 1927 Commando
Kel-Tec Sub Rifle
Saiga
SAR-8
SAR-4800
SKS with detachable magazine
SLG 95
SLR 95 or 96
Steyr AU
Tavor
Uzi
Galil and Uzi Sporter
Galil Sporter or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz)

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
Calico M-110
MAC-10
MAC-11
MPA3
Olympic Arms OA
TEC-9,
TEC-DC9,
TEC-22 Scorpion or AB-10
Uzi

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
Armscor 30 BG
SPAS 12 or LAW 12
Striker 12
Streetsweeper

Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below),
(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).

A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has:
(i) a second pistol grip,
(ii) a threaded barrel,
(iii) a barrel shroud or
(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

A semiautomatic shotgun with:
(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and
(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

·
Dangerous Old Man
1,000 Posts
Woo Hoo!!!!!

My FAL made the list!!!!!

How is an M1 carbine or Mini14 evil?

Can't hit squat with either one (sarcasm, for the one's that can't get past it).

As for the "street-sweepers" and SPAS-12's.....gotta have buttloads of cash and permission from the feds anyways to get these types of firearms (Destructive devices, as per BATFEces).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts