Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Far be it from me to try to understand the mind of the Daesh or their tactics, but I will propose that in addition to moving into areas which may not be as populated by armed defenders (Kurds and Assyrian Christians), I believe the Daesh are seeking to punish civilians (particularly Kurds) for helping smuggle a large group of Syrian Christians out of Syria and into France. :eek: Haven't a clue how they pulled it off. But the Syrian Christians were pictured waving French flags outside a government building in Paris the day they were granted refugee status en masse. :) Saw it on AFP.

·
I like memes
5,577 Posts
Far be it from me to try to understand the mind of the Daesh or their tactics, but I will propose that in addition to moving into areas which may not be as populated by armed defenders (Kurds and Assyrian Christians), I believe the Daesh are seeking to punish civilians (particularly Kurds) for helping smuggle a large group of Syrian Christians out of Syria and into France. :eek: Haven't a clue how they pulled it off. But the Syrian Christians were pictured waving French flags outside a government building in Paris the day they were granted refugee status en masse. :) Saw it on AFP.
Just what Europe needs. More Third World crap.

Reactions: joes

·
Banned
7,017 Posts
Here's the problem. WE/our media and government wanted Assad gone. WE weakened Syrias ability to deal with these types of things, by funding and arming the people that are trying to overthrow him. If those 90 end up dead, we might not have pulled the trigger, but we did load the gun.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Just what Europe needs. More Third World crap.
Yeah, because we all know Assyrian Christians don't assimilate with non-Middle Eastern culture. :rolleyes: Or perhaps you'd care to enlighten us about how Assyrian Christians have polluted western culture with their "Eastern ways." :confused:

Here's the problem. WE/our media and government wanted Assad gone. WE weakened Syrias ability to deal with these types of things, by funding and arming the people that are trying to overthrow him. If those 90 end up dead, we might not have pulled the trigger, but we did load the gun.
There are times when it surprises me that I agree with you, Talon, and this is one of them. It is also very telling to anyone with a few working brain cells that the tyrant Assad outmaneuvered Obama in the diplomatic arena when he agreed to surrender his stockpile of chemical weapons to the west for disposal. :cool: There's a bunch of dirty tricks going on. Including maneuvering Syria (whomever ends up running the country) into a position where it must join the Central Banking System to survive economically. Double :cool: and :mad:

·
Banned
845 Posts
and somehow I get the feeling that Odumbo is proud of his boys.
Are you talking about the same "boys" that attempted a hit on him?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/25/us/new-york-terror-plot/index.html

An online threat allegedly posted by Jaraboev spoke of shooting Obama. He also talked of planting a bomb at Coney Island if ordered to do so by ISIS, authorities contend.
In a written statement in the Uzbek language, Jaraboev speaks of killing President Obama for "Allah" but notes he doesn't have the means to do it.

·
Bushidoka
2,902 Posts
I Agree: Killing the Captives Might Be a Kindness!

A great opportunity to kick some ISIS ***. The risk to the captives is less than if nothing is done, someone needs to take charge and give them a major smackdown.
As terrible as this is, once we know (as we do now with reasonable certainty) that nothing we do can save them, and that ISIS is outdoing itself trying to come up with gruesome political stunts, I think some considerable effort should now be made to locate them and launch pre-emptive attacks that no one is expected to survive.

I have no idea of how this could be characterized or justified legally. I don't know if such an action could withstand the political storm. But to me the morality is a clear extension of the principles of self defence and rescue adapted to this cruel new reality. Is there any doubt the captives themselves would bless us?

The best solution might be one of those detonations that kill all the animal life by sucking the air out of them, leaving all the surrounding structures and evidence intact. Alternatively, I would just go for a scorched earth approach that deliberately takes out as many civilians and assets as possible. Time to move the goalposts, folks.

·
Banned
7,017 Posts
You are operating on the assumption that the goal is to "defeat" ISIS, or whomever our enemy of the century of this week is today.

In order for our policies to make sense one must understand that the US operates on an indefinite wartime economy, therefore our goal is NEVER to defeat anyone, but to keep a constant state of warfare going at all times. Once this is understood all of our foreign policy pieces fit together.

In other words, we don't go into our foreign wars to "win" we go to make the BILLIONAIRES into TRILLIONAIRES. All the flag waving, mom and apple pie stuff that the media throw out on the TV/computer screen are simply to get the middleclass to offer their kids up to the "Military Industrial Complex."

As terrible as this is, once we know (as we do now with reasonable certainty) that nothing we do can save them, and that ISIS is outdoing itself trying to come up with gruesome political stunts, I think some considerable effort should now be made to locate them and launch pre-emptive attacks that no one is expected to survive.

I have no idea of how this could be characterized or justified legally. I don't know if such an action could withstand the political storm. But to me the morality is a clear extension of the principles of self defence and rescue adapted to this cruel new reality. Is there any doubt the captives themselves would bless us?

The best solution might be one of those detonations that kill all the animal life by sucking the air out of them, leaving all the surrounding structures and evidence intact. Alternatively, I would just go for a scorched earth approach that deliberately takes out as many civilians and assets as possible. Time to move the goalposts, folks.

·
Survivor
18,793 Posts

I don't think we need to go that far, but it is an option. I would like to hope that at least some of the captives could be saved with a well planned operation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.