Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
One should always watch insider activity on their stock holdings. If you own the stock and insiders are selling large percentages of their shares, then yes its something to look into. However, keep in mind that insiders sell their shares for a variety of reasons, some of which are in no relation to the company/business.

·
Silver Wings
11,356 Posts
There has been much talk of new banking rules and disclosure enactments that do not fair well for banks in the coming months.

Soros is telling everyone to watch out on banking stocks and he's comfortable parking $ in gold for the interum.

Least, that's what I'm taking away from Soros and Paulson doubling down on gold.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
One should always watch insider activity on their stock holdings. If you own the stock and insiders are selling large percentages of their shares, then yes its something to look into. However, keep in mind that insiders sell their shares for a variety of reasons, some of which are in no relation to the company/business.
Problem is..........when they have ALREADY divested large chunks and THEN you hear about it..........you already have to live with the results anyhow.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
No but pointing out to others who may not have seen that article is nice. Gezzz........You'd have to be a fool to NOT see what's coming. The attitudes of some on this site is just simply amazing.
We manage to live on our retiree monthly income and keep some money in quickly accessable credit union . Funny this should come up but yesterday was thinking about leaving minimum in CU savings and taking the rest out in cash to keep on hand. May need it if SHTF

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
No but pointing out to others who may not have seen that article is nice. Gezzz........You'd have to be a fool to NOT see what's coming. The attitudes of some on this site is just simply amazing.

The mega-rich (like George Soros) live in a very different world than you and I do. No one on this forum falls into the category of wealthy billionaire. And when the going gets tough.........the rich go to the airport. AFTER they have moved their assets into what they consider to be a safer location.

By the time this "news" hits the media........the "damage" has already been done.

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
Problem is..........when they have ALREADY divested large chunks and THEN you hear about it..........you already have to live with the results anyhow.

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. Encouraging to read that at least one other person understands this.

·
Silver Wings
11,356 Posts
Yeah, they did do it in the first quarter and we're just now hearing about it. :confused:

·
Patiently Waiting
6,063 Posts

The mega-rich (like George Soros) live in a very different world than you and I do. No one on this forum falls into the category of wealthy billionaire. And when the going gets tough.........the rich go to the airport. AFTER they have moved their assets into what they consider to be a safer location.

By the time this "news" hits the media........the "damage" has already been done.
Bill Gates and George Lucas have both bought large properties in NZ. I would assume that's where they've chosen to go when the SHTF. And yeah, they'll be leaving on private jets.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
If you own a stock, then your broker should make available to you a Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership of Securities (SEC Form 4).

This tells you which insider traded shares, their position in the company, how many shares they traded, the price, current number of shares owned, and if the trade involved them acquiring or disposing of shares.

·
Not playing games
1,332 Posts
Bill Gates and George Lucas have both bought large properties in NZ. I would assume that's where they've chosen to go when the SHTF. And yeah, they'll be leaving on private jets.
And John Cameron to that list.
NZ... not my first choice.
Remote, but just one landing Brigade from the PRC could stomp the guts out of that whole country.

·
Silver Wings
11,356 Posts

And I would want to keep a jet handy in case a volcano decided to fry my butt.:rolleyes:

NZ is too shaky and too much magma for me. :cool:

Maybe Lucas and Gates dig hot lava, but I don't. :D:

·
Urban NOMAD
273 Posts
I read the article and see it as 2 ways. 1) When an insider sells major shares it's not something to worry about but it is something to keep an eye out for.
2) Like all who invest in the stock market there is a risk and you always wanna buy cheap and sell high.
With that being said anyone who invest in the market but doesn't invest in precious metals is a fool. everyone should always be buy gold and silver regardless of the amount. Even if you buy small amounts or large gold and silver will always have a value.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts