Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
60 yrs in spite of gov.
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it in the law or is it in the mind. The constitution having been all but trashed, what do we have left? A lot of folks have the idea of freedom in their mind and talk about it and what is going on in our country all the time. But I wonder how many really have a passion for true freedom deep in their heart.

I know some who complain a lot about legalities and how what is on paper is being subverted but they don't feel a violent a one on one personal attack. The constitution must be defended but you must feel a personal attachment to it. A true love. A deep heart felt passion. To me it's very personal.

In a few weeks I will be 60 yrs. old and I still get goose bumps when I hear the national anthem or the Marine Corps hymn. My soul is greatly stirred when I watch movies such as Braveheart or The Patriot. Yes and sometimes I cry and pray. I sometimes don’t trust anyone and other times I think just trust anyone who says they are willing to do something.

Having true freedom is not demanding that the govt. do something about everything. That very attitude is what has brought us to this place.

Here’s a test. Without hesitating, write down all the things that you want govt. to be responsible for. Then read the constitution and see what they are supposed to be responsible for. Then search your heart and see if you really want true freedom. Freedom takes a lot of responsibility and I am running into too many who just don’t want it.

I guess this is just a last minute rant as I fear we are in the final decisive moments of our history as a free people. We have very little oxygen left. Most of our freedom (responsibility) is gone and the final nail is about to be driven. The words on the paper mean nothing without the heart to go with it.

Thanks for letting me vent

·
One of the Frozen Chosen
250 Posts
Blacktree, you put it very well and succinctly - Our gov't of, by and for the people grants us freedom to pursue opportunities (with all the attendant responsibilities, work and risk involved), not to provide guarantees. As children, our parents guaranteed our lives, providing safety, shelter, nourishment, etc. As adults we are responsible for ourselves, and for those in our care. Why would any able-bodied, sane adult wish to give up the freedom and responsibility of adulthood and go back to having it all delivered sans care but sans real freedom?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts