Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a news story online that caught my eye earlier this year. In Madison Wisconsin a college girl named Brittany Zimmerman was found murdered in her apartment. It was later disclosed that she had called 911 at the time of the attack but the public was not allowed to know what the was on the call. It seems that wither there was a disconnect from Zimmerman's apartment or the 911 operator, after not being answered hung up. The 911 operator did not call back nor did she send a police officer out to investigate. What we were told was that the 911 operator did not know there was an emergency taking place so she did nothing.

Today I read that what was one the 911 call was a woman screaming and sounds of a struggle.

So why would someone not think an emergency is taking place when they hear a woman scream?

Anyway, Wisconsin is one of the states that does not allow conceal and carry and Madison does not even allow guns to be sold within city limits. Yet when the police are called for help no one comes to help it citizens.

This really ticks me off. Anyway, had to share, Here's the article:

http://www.channel3000.com/news/18185231/detail.html

BLT

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
Here in my county they are required to call back, my parents phone number has a 9_1-1_ _ _ and sometimes my children miss the 2nd number and accidently call 9-1-1 (they have done this 2 times in 3 years). 9-1-1 automatically call back and ask is everything OK, they then say if your in trouble and can't talk press a key on the phone to signal send help. My county is very quick to respond, they have no problems getting there when you need them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow, that is really sad. I lived in Madison before moving down here to Texas several years ago. There were many things about Madison I loved, but I'm glad to now be living in a place that allows me to protect myself with a firearm if I choose.

·
Registered
645 Posts
yet another victim of gun control and modern anti gun propaganda.

But it is really strange that the police didn't show up any way. i worked at a place once that had 911 as part of the phone number. Some one acidentaly missed the previous numbers and an officer was at thier door after a while. They hung up on the operator too , but the police showed up any way. I thought that this was policy. Perhapse the blam should be on the operator in this case, I've never heard of an operator not sending some one for a check up after a hang up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts