Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.clusterstock.com/2008/10/is-bank-of-america-warning-of-a-bank-holiday-
Is Bank Of America Warning Of A Bank Holiday?
John Carney | Oct 2, 08 5:31 PM

A rumor has begun to circulate that Bank of America has sent a memo to top tier clients warning them to anticipate a one-week shutdown of banks. Bank holidays were used following the crash of 1929 to prevent runs on banks during especially panicky time but, as far as we know, no public official has advocated this tactic in our current situation. In fact, we strongly suspect that this rumor is just nonsense.

Keep in mind that while we trust our source on this, he had not received the memo himself. Instead, he had been informed about the memo by a friend who claimed to have received it. We’re rating this: highly speculative and probably false. Even if Bank of America had sent the memo, we’re not sure how they would know in advance to expect a bank holiday.

One possibility might be that Bank of America has merely outlined some worst case scenarios for clients, and included a one week bank holiday among them.
Bank of America called the story "completely unfounded."

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'm pretty surer that the source of this rumor is just trying to cause a panic..

That said, I think this has a very good possibility or happening, so panicking is still in order.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Anyone want to ask their local B of A mgr about this rumor?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
anyone that walks into a regular bank of america is decidedly LOW tier. simply come to the feed dispensor for a pellet.

Reactions: danpauselius

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
Called my local Bank Of America (loyal customer) and they say it is false. Yes I know I'm lower tier, but I have a Family member there that would tell me if she knew anything.

·
6,173 Posts
I happen to like them, I have my mortgage with them. They helped me get it current when I was a couple of months behind. They worked it out so I only had to pay $50.00 extra per payment (no late charges or extra fees) to get caught up. When my debit card was used without my permission ($4900.00) they had my money back in my account woithin 8 hours of the charge.

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
I happen to like them, I have my mortgage with them. They helped me get it current when I was a couple of months behind. They worked it out so I only had to pay $50.00 extra per payment (no late charges or extra fees) to get caught up. When my debit card was used without my permission ($4900.00) they had my money back in my account woithin 8 hours of the charge.
I had an identity theif clear out my bank. Bank of America even had my account on lockdown and still allowed unathorized withdrawls. They even allowed fake companies to keep taking out money long after it was in the negatives. They tried to get me to give them money and I explained that they f*cked up and allowed my money to be stollen and they owe me. The Attorny General is taking it up with them right now. It looks as though it is their falt and that both parties will be walking away with nothing.

Ass bags that give credit cards to illeagal immigrants I hope they they burn when the banks fall.

-Cade

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
i keep telling my friends/family to have cash at home incase of a bank holiday. they laugh and look at me like a have 2 heads and say things like" well then i guess i'll be screwed" i can only agree with them.

its not like they are gonna warn everybody about a bank holiday, it kinda defeats the purpose. believe me the big dogs look out for each other. howard stern is probly worth close to if not more than a billion dollars. after lehman brothers failed. he said on his show he had recieved warnings and pulled out all his money from there and didnt loose a penny on their collapse. it was just a passing statement on the show but it spoke volumes to me.

·
6,173 Posts
I had an identity theif clear out my bank. Bank of America even had my account on lockdown and still allowed unathorized withdrawls. They even allowed fake companies to keep taking out money long after it was in the negatives. They tried to get me to give them money and I explained that they f*cked up and allowed my money to be stollen and they owe me. The Attorny General is taking it up with them right now. It looks as though it is their falt and that both parties will be walking away with nothing.

Ass bags that give credit cards to illeagal immigrants I hope they they burn when the banks fall.

-Cade
I am sorry that happen to you. I have had family that had the same problems with other banks, I guess it can happen to any bank. I live in a small town and the bankers here know everbody who has a account with them, there are really like family here. I guess i trust them more than others banks because I had another bank take advantage of me when I was 15. They credited my account with $1500.00 more than I was suppose to have then charged me intrest to be payed to the person who's account it was suppose to be credited to because I did not report it until 3 months later ( I didn't notice because I never read my account summary). I have been with Bank of America every since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts