Survivalist Forum banner

Is 2010 the year it all goes belly up?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking theres going to be a great number of people who are glad they've prepared for economic collapse by the end of 2010 and an even greater number who find themselves in trouble.

My magic 8 ball says yes. So do a lot of others.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/news-9491-0-13-13--.html

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Looks like a tough end of the year if our govt. keeps this crap up and i think they will not let up. They want cap and trade and a vat tax so bad those bastard's can taste it. Baring something they can call a major crisis. It will take most likely spring or summer next year till the masses wake up and say o shat, look what a mess we are in. Most don't have enough sense to see it now, by then to late.

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will take most likely spring or summer next year till the masses wake up and say o shat, look what a mess we are in. Most don't have enough sense to see it now, by then too late.
Well, my wages are going %100 into supplies for the coming weeks. I wouldnt take the gamble of it not collapsing this year. Bad odds in my opinion with too much to lose by not being completely prepared, and i realised - I aint as prepared as I could be.

It'll be soon. Many will be caught off guard even though the signs are there.

·
28 Days Later
1,647 Posts
No, everyone thinks every year is the end of times, people have this romantic notion of them being the few survivors of a government collapse and living off their preps when in reality i'm sure even the best of us will be taken out or become victim to the wide variety of circumstances that would encompass us in such a chaotic world.

what we're essentially are, as a nation, as a people, is akin to borderline starvation, not enough to kill us, not enough to fully nourish us, but to barely keep things above water.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
No, everyone thinks every year is the end of times, people have this romantic notion of them being the few survivors of a government collapse and living off their preps when in reality i'm sure even the best of us will be taken out or become victim to the wide variety of circumstances that would encompass us in such a chaotic world.

what we're essentially are, as a nation, as a people, is akin to borderline starvation, not enough to kill us, not enough to fully nourish us, but to barely keep things above water.
I take it you have decided you will not make it? Surviving is not a matter of romanticized dreams but rather a matter of willpower and having a pair of solid cojones. If you already " know" that you are doomed, you probably are. There are unimaginable changes coming; if you want to survive, you better find a "can do" attitude.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Going to friends house on Monday to do some practice shooting. We are all prepping for what may be comming.

We know something is on its way. We know it's big and ugly. And we know it is going to be devistating to America.

·
Titleless
1,361 Posts
There is insufficient reliable information available. The only way to coorelate all the variables is to arrive at a resounding 'Maybe'. It is possible that there is a single trigger event coming to start the dominos falling. It is known that there are people with a vested interest in the status quo who will at least try to block the trigger. Their probability of success or failure is yet another unknown.

The Chinese are said to have a curse, "May you live in interesting times". We all may be cursed, as these sure are interesting times.

·
28 Days Later
1,647 Posts
I take it you have decided you will not make it? Surviving is not a matter of romanticized dreams but rather a matter of willpower and having a pair of solid cojones. If you already " know" that you are doomed, you probably are. There are unimaginable changes coming; if you want to survive, you better find a "can do" attitude.
did I say i would give up? that I wouldn't make it? the problem with people is they have more of the attitude but it becomes to the point of overconfidence, and I see way too much overconfidence in replies, in addition you need to keep your 'cojones' in check less they be shot off, pride and overconfidence are one of the many things that screw people up in a survival situation.

·
28 Days Later
1,647 Posts
That's what it seemed like to me.
what i am saying is dont think you're a demi god that can go around and pretend to be the one man army, the problem with alot of people is they think because they have the guns, they have the ammo and they have a nice little bunker that they can go around with the notion that everything is going to be alright, plain and simple you can do all the right things and still fall victim.

what i'm saying is because you have those things, dont get cocky, dont become overconfident and think you're going to make it through with flying colors, always have that doubt in your mind, dont let the rifle in your hand comfort you so much that you dont stay alert, do you understand what i'm aiming at? dont go into a dull ego filled state because you prepped.

·
المسيح ه
1,031 Posts
Going to friends house on Monday to do some practice shooting. We are all prepping for what may be comming.

We know something is on its way. We know it's big and ugly. And we know it is going to be devistating to America.

"We know something is on its way. We know it's big and ugly. And we know it is going to be devistating to America"

Are you talking about the nomination of Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts