Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Founder
17,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· VA / NC
12,690 Posts
Most will agree the US "forced" the deal more than anyone else involved, with the intent of making the administration look good. The big broker of peace. Have to agree with you Kev as I think most Americans have enough commonsense to see it for what the agreement was,and most anything that comes out of or promised by Iran.

Of course I guess Iran figures if our own "leaders" lie to us, they may as well too. What really gets me is that the restraints that had been placed on Iran were loosened just by Iran promising they would not proceed. If one is going to be stupid enough to believe Iran, why not leave programs in force until Iran proves they will abide by the agreement.

Another thing that really bothers me is that it's a fact that Iran has frequent flights into Venezuela. We all know that it is almost impossible to cross the southern border into the US. Just hope that Iran does not become an exporting country.

· Registered
576 Posts
The realtor in the WH probably made a deal. They scale back their nuclear program and we will give them some of land in the U.S.......plus he probably promised Russia we would bring our nuclear warhead count to 0 and they could raise theirs back to 15,000.

· Registered
85 Posts
What's with the paranoia?

Iran has little to gain from an actual nuclear weapon. It isn't like the country could survive Israeli--let alone American-- retaliation. It probably wants a cold capability where they have the technology and resources to produce a nuclear weapon in 6-12 months if a crisis occurs and acquire a deterrent at an opportune moment.

Pretending the West has been any more honest than Iran's government(s) vis-a-vis Iran over the last 70 years ago is disingenuous at best.

If someone were to nuke a NATO member it would almost certainly be a group small enough that the core would be sufficiently indoctrinated as to actually desire nuclear war and/or had nothing to lose in such a conflict.

· Banned
12,493 Posts
What's with the paranoia?

Iran has little to gain from an actual nuclear weapon. It isn't like the country could survive Israeli--let alone American-- retaliation. It probably wants a cold capability where they have the technology and resources to produce a nuclear weapon in 6-12 months if a crisis occurs and acquire a deterrent at an opportune moment.

Pretending the West has been any more honest than Iran's government(s) vis-a-vis Iran over the last 70 years ago is disingenuous at best.

If someone were to nuke a NATO member it would almost certainly be a group small enough that the core would be sufficiently indoctrinated as to actually desire nuclear war and/or had nothing to lose in such a conflict.
Israel is not a NATO member.

As for Iran, I'm reminded of North Korea in the 90's.

Appease, appease, appease, Oh Look! They have the bomb.

· Wile E Coyote, Genius.
35,428 Posts
I am curious why they haven't simply bought some nukes from N. Korea.
N. Korea needs money and hates us, so unless we were able to somehow detect such a transfer, I would assume it already happened. Might explain why Iran would discontinue their own efforts. Not needed anymore.

· Registered
85 Posts
Israel is not a NATO member.

As for Iran, I'm reminded of North Korea in the 90's.

Appease, appease, appease, Oh Look! They have the bomb.
Most members of these boards live in NATO countries, and have much more to realistically fear from a loose Russian nuke than Iran.

Iran isn't really a valid comparison with North Korea since Iran is somewhat democratic and has some sort of functioning society outside the military/party. In both measures the situation would be better without the US antagonism, whereas pretty much nothing external can be expected to make things in North Korea any better.

I am curious why they haven't simply bought some nukes from N. Korea.
N. Korea needs money and hates us, so unless we were able to somehow detect such a transfer, I would assume it already happened. Might explain why Iran would discontinue their own efforts. Not needed anymore.
I am curious why Iran would have a nuclear program considering they could buy a nuke from the DPRK.
Iran has the money, likes North Korea, and might be able to make a transfer without detection.

Maybe because their nuclear program isn't simply a means to getting a bomb? If they can buy a bomb and wanted one they would've got one five years ago quietly and dismantled their program, and some of the international pressure with it.

· Wile E Coyote, Genius.
35,428 Posts
Most members of these boards live in NATO countries, and have much more to realistically fear from a loose Russian nuke than Iran.

Iran isn't really a valid comparison with North Korea since Iran is somewhat democratic and has some sort of functioning society outside the military/party. In both measures the situation would be better without the US antagonism, whereas pretty much nothing external can be expected to make things in North Korea any better.

I am curious why Iran would have a nuclear program considering they could buy a nuke from the DPRK.
Iran has the money, likes North Korea, and might be able to make a transfer without detection.

Maybe because their nuclear program isn't simply a means to getting a bomb? If they can buy a bomb and wanted one they would've got one five years ago quietly and dismantled their program, and some of the international pressure with it.
Maybe that is why N. Korea detonated several nukes last year. Might have been part of making a sale to Iran. Like a demo to prove they work.

· Registered
1,628 Posts
If this wasn't the third or fourth time something like this was "announced" in the last couple of decades I'd be a bit more positive about it. As it is, it's no different to me than than last dozen proclamations that the US economic recovery is just around the corner or has already happened and we're just too stupid to see it.

· Registered
9,038 Posts
just because they shoot at each other, doesn't mean they don't have the same blood flowing thru them .... nobody has ever got a long lasting square deal out of any of them, in the region .... from the guy in the bazaar to the royal palace it's just culture normal to screw over someone ....

"Buyer Beware" should be on every single national flag ....

· Sam Adams was right....
9,410 Posts
from the article:

As part of the agreement, Iran has agreed to start eliminating its stockpile of higher levels of enriched uranium, to dismantle some infrastructure that makes higher-level uranium enrichment possible, and not to start up additional centrifuges.
So they:
  • Start selling whatever enriched uranium they have..
  • Dismantle some infrastructure (and leave it dismantled in place.. ready to quickly be reassembled)
  • Do not start up additional centrifuges (doesn't mean they can't build/add new ones and simply leave them idle)

Looks like they get the sanctions lifted for doing very little..

Reactions: dcporlando

· Hippie Recycling Master
324 Posts
I think the people and leaders of Iran want to make peace now more than ever, if they look to the left they see Iraq and to the right is Afghanistan, 2 nations attacked by America and had horrible consequences on the leaders of those nations, and then plunged both of those nations into anarchy. Same deal in Libya and almost the same deal in Egypt if the military hadn't imposed a harsh cruel regime.

America just doesn't know what it's doing in the middle east and has caused more problems than it's solved. It's time to leave the middle east to people from the middle east.

Honestly everything America has done in the ME with the exception of the attack on Afghanistan has helped al qaeda. Gaddafi was too powerful and simply kicked their butts until Obama helped turn the country to anarchy which is exactly where al qaeda thrive. Same situation with Saddam in Iraq and Morisi in Egypt and would have been the same if we had gone into Syria.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I think that the US is basically doing the bidding of the Saudi Royal family and letting Israel take the blame. 15 of the 19 9/11 high jackers where Saudi and if you look at it, Iraq and Libya in anarchy and Iran under sanctions who benefits the most from all of this, Saudi oil companies owned by the royal family who tend to hire the Bin laden family's construction company.

We should be weary of our enemy's in the ME and Iran is #1 but in my opinion we should be more weary of our so called friends the Saudis and Israelis.

· Sam Adams was right....
9,410 Posts
Gaddafi was undermined by the West because he was about to follow through on his threat to create a gold backed African currency..

Reactions: Simulacrum
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.