Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More sabre rattling from Iran. This time they are threatening to close the Hormuz Strait.

http://www.rt.com/news/iran-bill-hormuz-strait-218/

I am pretty sure any attempt to close the strait would result in an immediate military response from the U.S.

·
Registered
994 Posts
More saber rattling from an impotent, blind idiot.

I can't imagine that Iran would try anything for real. They know what the consequences would be. They're kind of like North Korea. Loud, but impotent.

·
Registered
102 Posts
They do this every once in a while...
Yet they know too well that if they close it, they'll become Afghanistan 2. So they won't.

·
A Hoosier not a Hillbilly
3,016 Posts
So... I take it most of you folks think this is not a real threat. I realize that we would be over there kicking butt in a heartbeat, but what would our enemies do? I'd like to see everyone's opinion on that.

·
Beware of the dog!
1,941 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Kev. I saw that headline on the news last night while flipping channels. I agree they are trying to act tough but we should take it as a reminder to fill our gas tanks because prices could go up quickly with a proverbial touch of the button. Beyond that, sitting here at home, there is little I could do to prevent any problems from escalating over there.

One day they need to make that area a parking lot with oil taps that resemble fire hydrants.

Reactions: Marcie

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
My enemies are right here in the USA. Dont let me stop you from fighting the muslims. I would pay for a plane ticket for you and your children to go over there and fight them if you would not use the government to tax me and take my children for you crusade. It would cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Well, the rest of the Arab world would back us, since they also need the straights open for commerce for THEIR oil.
As far as this being a crusade or just fighting muslims, that is silly - of course, unless you don't use any oil, plastic or any other petrol product, you really can't complain about the US getting involved.

There is also that rule about the high seas being open to all....but what do I know.

·
Pray For Our Republic!!
283 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Kev. I saw that headline on the news last night while flipping channels. I agree they are trying to act tough but we should take it as a reminder to fill our gas tanks because prices could go up quickly with a proverbial touch of the button. Beyond that, sitting here at home, there is little I could do to prevent any problems from escalating over there.

One day they need to make that area a parking lot with oil taps that resemble fire hydrants.
We get zero oil from Iran, so whatever Iran does has little or no effect on our gas prices. And the other oil producers would not support Iran's blocking of the Straight. If a blockade was attempted by Iran they would quickly find their ships sitting at the bottom of the gulf, and it would not just be U.S. warships making that happen.

·
A Hoosier not a Hillbilly
3,016 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I read this earlier today. I think the direction Iran takes may how itself soon, and dont see them backing down at all. Obama only hopes that the election will be over before a U.S. does has to do anything.

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
More sabre rattling from Iran. This time they are threatening to close the Hormuz Strait.

http://www.rt.com/news/iran-bill-hormuz-strait-218/

I am pretty sure any attempt to close the strait would result in an immediate military response from the U.S.
That makes about 150 times they've made that threat since the Shaw left.

Ho Hum.

They once threatened to sink any American Navy ship that went through the straight. I did pucker a little when I heard that, being as I was on an American Navy ship near Bahrain at the time.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey Kev. I've been watching some RT news lately. I kinda like the Alyona Show. What's their story? Are they really in Russia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)
RT is based out of Moscow and also is in the United States. They are a VERY Anti-United States, NATO media outlet. Any story that puts the United States in a bad light.....whether it is factual or not.......they will run. They do NOT talk about their own country, they just talk about anything bad by the United States....whether we are involved or not.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
An interesting older video, with a surprisingly similar scenario. It's a fast moving faux-documentary, but not out of the realm of possibility..

"Countdown To Looking Glass" ...good with some popcorn.

·
Maui Boy
199 Posts
My opinion is, I think majority of the time Irans threats are a bluff and they do it merely to appear lime it has the might to go forward. Its like a school kid that talks tuff so he doesn't have to fight. My only concern is that what if this time he isn't bluffing and has allies?

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Kev. I've been watching some RT news lately. I kinda like the Alyona Show. What's their story? Are they really in Russia?
I dont know if the are real russians or not. But they have some good youtube videos

·
Registered
95 Posts
RT is based out of Moscow and also is in the United States. They are a VERY Anti-United States, NATO media outlet. Any story that puts the United States in a bad light.....whether it is factual or not.......they will run. They do NOT talk about their own country, they just talk about anything bad by the United States....whether we are involved or not.
So RT isn't as truthful and legit as CNN and MSNBC? lol

..Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts