Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Right. :rolleyes:

I'm 100% sure it's similar to previous "deals" and just buys Iran more time to do what they want.

I have little faith that:

1. The deal has teeth.
2. "We" got the best end of the deal.

WTF is the deal with the Pres going on TV at 7am EST. Are the details so bad that he want's to try and slip it in while people are still sleeping?

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Right. :rolleyes:

I'm 100% sure it's similar to previous "deals" and just buys Iran more time to do what they want.

I have little faith that:

1. The deal has teeth.
2. "We" got the best end of the deal.

WTF is the deal with the Pres going on TV at 7am EST. Are the details so bad that he want's to try and slip it in while people are still sleeping?
And I'm 100% sure Israel is fueling up the F-16's right now.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Russia's Foreign affairs ministry statement:

The deal is based on the approach articulated by President Vladimir Putin of the Russian Federation, which recognises Iran’s unconditional right to implement a peaceful nuclear programme, including uranium enrichment
This comprehensive agreement has come to life by following the step-by-step and reciprocal process, proposed by Russia and embraced by all of the parties to the talks.
http://en.mid.ru/en/web/guest/foreign_policy/news/-/asset_publisher/cKNonkJE02Bw/content/id/1571109

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
We are naturally allies with Iran against ISIS.
Iran has a demographic which is skewing towards the west. IT is undeniable even to the mullahs.
Making a deal with them now is smart.
Get them the best weapons money can buy and let them do the job we could not.

Obama gets two checks with me, 1) Cuba and 2) Iran. The rests is a monumental fail, especially burdening America with a crazy insurance program instead of a true national health system for basic care and failing to stop "too big to fail" banks.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
We are naturally allies with Iran against ISIS.
Iran has a demographic which is skewing towards the west. IT is undeniable even to the mullahs.
Making a deal with them now is smart.
Get them the best weapons money can buy and let them do the job we could not.

Obama gets two checks with me, 1) Cuba and 2) Iran. The rests is a monumental fail, especially burdening America with a crazy insurance program instead of a true national health system for basic care and failing to stop "too big to fail" banks.
WAIT!!!! Is that you Biden?

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,923 Posts
We should have traded Iran as many conventional weapons as they can figure out how to use in return for a 24 month time-out on the nuclear front. Let them do the dirty work against ISIS, and let their people have an extra 2 years to westernize.

·
Suffering Your Stupidity
9,355 Posts
I see the future....

USA tries to inspect and then makes claim that Iran isn't cooperating.

USA President makes case to Congress that we need to invade to be able to inspect - "according to the agreement"

USA citizens wave flags, tie yellow ribbons around trees, and the boys go off (again) to protect our freedoms.

·
10,548 Posts
There was a good article in a Soldier Of Fortune magazine once called "Atomic Jihad", but I could not find a link to it. It was from like the early 90's I think.

·
One day at a time ...
1,854 Posts
From the CNN article:

"The U.S. estimates that the new measures take Iran from being able to assemble its first bomb within 2-3 months, to at least one year from now."

So what does this really get us then? Two years of negotiations for a two year reprieve - assuming that they haven't already amassed enough enriched material to make weapons. I'm not certain that is a reasonable assumption.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I believe it is peace in our time.

Neville Chamberlain

We should seek by all means in our power to avoid war, by analysing possible causes, by trying to remove them, by discussion in a spirit of collaboration and good will.
Neville Chamberlain

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana

Beam me up Scotty, there is no sign of intelligent life on this planet.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts