Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much longer before the USA attacks Iran? If the USA, Russia, Britain, France and India are allowed to have nukes, then so should Iran. I wonder if president bush would attack Iran just to give the next president a hard time?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7336089.stm
Iran has begun installing 6,000 new centrifuges at its main nuclear site in Natanz, state media quoted President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as saying.

He made the comments during a visit to mark Iran's national nuclear day.

Iran is already thought to have some 3,000 centrifuges - which are used to enrich uranium - at the Natanz plant.

The US and Western allies accuse Iran of wanting to enrich uranium to build nuclear weapons, but Iran vehemently denies this.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
we are far from neutral, and unfortunately the only ally israel has left.regardless of who would hit iran it will be seen by the arab word as a strike by "the great satan".
and things will get ugly quick. damed if we do damed if we dont.
our best hope is the iranian people who are about as fed up as we are with the regime-
unfortunately the council of clerics can disqualify a candidate for religious reasons wiyh no questiones asked and no appeal.this was done to over a thousand in last election.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I spent some time in the Sinai Peninsula, deployed with the MFO (multinational force and observers) ensuring that the Egyptians abide by the Egyptian-Israeli Peace treaty brokered by Carter back in the 70's. An interesting note; There at least 13 nations militaries represented all over the desert of the Sinai Peninsula(Egypt) and in the waters near the borders of Egypt and Israel. To my knowledge NONE are on the Israeli side. ALL the forces are there to ensure that minimal Egyptian military or paramilitary forces or equipment mass within certain zones of the Sinai. The closer you get to the border, the less military presence is permitted by the treaty. However, on the Israeli side you can see Israeli military presence and activity right up to the border.

It is pretty obvious to me that the powers that be will not tolerate a middle east dust up unless we initiate it. I can only hope we aren't subjected to another false flag op to take us into Iran.

EQV

·
Registered
334 Posts
we are far from neutral, and unfortunately the only ally israel has left.regardless of who would hit iran it will be seen by the arab word as a strike by "the great satan".
and things will get ugly quick. damed if we do damed if we dont.
our best hope is the iranian people who are about as fed up as we are with the regime-
unfortunately the council of clerics can disqualify a candidate for religious reasons wiyh no questiones asked and no appeal.this was done to over a thousand in last election.

My friend we are not Arab.Have you heard the Arab proverb that says it god should of not created Jews,flies and Persians? Arabs hate us more then they hate Americans.They would welcome any military campaign on Iran.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Perhaps Iran was the goal all along...we do have them surrounded at the moment.
Whether true or not (I don't know), it appears that the big beef that the U.S. has with Iran is that they are supplying weapons to Iraqis to use against U.S. troops, in addition to training them. They are allegedly providing a means to kill U.S. soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Additionally, when you have a leader that gets mob crowds into a fury chanting "Death to America! Death to Israel!", and holding conventions to disprove the holocaust, I can see why some wouldn't want that guy to have nukes in his crazy hands.

I feel really bad for the people of Iran. Their government has put them in a really bad situation. I keep hearing about the comparisons of the Iran citizens to Americans, and other westerners, but I don't understand why they wouldn't rise up and put a more balanced government in place.

/-l

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Perhaps Iran was the goal all along...we do have them surrounded at the moment.
How do you figure? We'd have to occupy Pakistan and the former southern soviet states for that. Course the Russians have few friends there

·
I travel light
2,036 Posts
Huh?

Their government has put them in a really bad situation. I keep hearing about the comparisons of the Iran citizens to Americans, and other westerners, but I don't understand why they wouldn't rise up and put a more balanced government in place.

/-l
Well, neither do I understand why a government declares the war to its own citizens with a Patriot Act, or destinates tons of dollars to army, instead to assure a health care system as it should be. My point is, that if Iranian Government has been able to keep steady...perhaps they have a big amount of people supporting them?...It´s so easy to say, "rise up and put some other guy there" as if you´re asking for hamburgers in a McDonald´s...the truth is, that the majority hold it, that´s just my thought of course. The cost of "rising up" in lives, effort, unstability, would be more than what the people who would want to rise is able to afford. So it´s better to keep things quiet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well, neither do I understand why a government declares the war to its own citizens with a Patriot Act, or destinates tons of dollars to army, instead to assure a health care system as it should be. My point is, that if Iranian Government has been able to keep steady...perhaps they have a big amount of people supporting them?...It´s so easy to say, "rise up and put some other guy there" as if you´re asking for hamburgers in a McDonald´s...the truth is, that the majority hold it, that´s just my thought of course. The cost of "rising up" in lives, effort, unstability, would be more than what the people who would want to rise is able to afford. So it´s better to keep things quiet.
Don't try to group the US government in with the Iranian government. Actually, I won't even waste time responding to your post.

/-l

·
Registered
227 Posts
Who here thinks Russia would step up if we tried to invade Iran? I have a feeling Putin would say, "Enough is enough, stand down."
Most likely what would happen is they would stay out of it (NATO) but provide weapons, supplies, and training through the back door. That's if they would even contribute in the first place. That's my professional arm-chair internet general analysis.

/-l

·
I travel light
2,036 Posts
I believe that the best thing to do, is avoiding hostilities. Russia has lots of internal problems but someone dropping nuclear devices in their border will minimize all of them. the fallout could affect China as well. The Hormuz strait will be blocked and the results are going to be unpredictable.There´s confirmation on the fact: heavy weaponry in Russia is enough in technology for a response. The result is, there´s no winner. that´s one way to start a world wide unstabilization. Perhaps that´s the goal?.I hope we can be able to see what happens in 2012. I´m intrigued about Mayan profecies :) .

·
Registered
227 Posts
I believe that the best thing to do, is avoiding hostilities. Russia has lots of internal problems but someone dropping nuclear devices in their border will minimize all of them. the fallout could affect China as well. The Hormuz strait will be blocked and the results are going to be unpredictable.There´s confirmation on the fact: heavy weaponry in Russia is enough in technology for a response. The result is, there´s no winner. that´s one way to start a world wide unstabilization. Perhaps that´s the goal?.I hope we can be able to see what happens in 2012. I´m intrigued about Mayan profecies :) .
I agree, but who do you think will be dropping the nukes? I guess it could be the US since they've pretty much riddled iraq with radiation (depleted uranium), and bunker busters are considered mini-nukes, but I have a feeling you're talking full scale nukes. I think those in power now are crazy, but I couldn't fathom them reaching that level of asshattery.

/-l

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Yep, video speaks for itself about the Russians and their simple is better theories, if you dont fear their military you are brainwashed by our gooberment. If you really think that Iran and its allies will sit by idle and be attacked by Amerika (SP on purpose) I guarantee you will learn something when it happens. They will not roll over like Iraq did. Iraq was let "burn" by all of its allies, that will not happen with Iran, they are very well involved with their main allies Russia and China. They support each other just like Russia and China did with North Korea. Ever wonder why Amerika backed down from attacking North Korea? They have proven to be the biggest threat to any nation on the planet and we are PAYING them to stop what they were doing. We will attack Iran, and make no mistake it will start world war 3.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.