Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i must say the ipm tastes way better i tried an mre and a ipm and what a diffrence the mre was like eating nothing the ipm was much better.. anyone here get ipm instead of mre?

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
What is an "ipm"??? Before you use an acronym, you should define it.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Individual Meal Pack

the canadian ones taste like real food but they do cost more..

basicly its a mre but tastes alot better.. has 2-3 year self life so it doesnt last as long but tastes night and day diffrent..

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Tell us more about this IPM...where can you get them? Links? Pics? Nutrition info?

·
Dances with Salmon
290 Posts
In my experience the newer MRE's are actually pretty tasty.
Of course I only eat them after I've been toting a 50 lb pack through the woods all day so that could be it...

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Ipm's v mre

YOU EAT YOUR FREEZE DRIED STUFF, I'll eat my canned and fresh critters I had to eat freeze dried for the forest service, 10 on 4 off, It stunk. I'd rather eat the south end of a north bound skunk.:)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
thank you irishwarlord for that one .i dislike mre for the military and i learned to hate them with a passion .that way we carried extras stuff to add to them when in the field

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the older canadian ones used to taste way better but the newer ones that are made by a mre compay in the states are almos the same 8.8oz vs the mre at 8.0 its the extra sause.. ill admit they all arnt that great but there is a big diffrence in taste between them the older ones i got that are 2 years old already taste way better then the new ones bought only a few so i could try them they are nice for backpacking to go light.. and if you spent a day hikeing and are dead tired and starveing.. i think you wouldnt mind the taste so much as most things taste way better when your hungry and tired,.. yes can is better tasteing though..

·
Registered
323 Posts
The cost is what sets me off! I can dehydrate foods and pack a lot if tasty meals with me. For the cost of what you pay for a weeks worth of MRE's or IMP's I can eat for several weeks out in the wilds.

MRE's are in the truck and car for emergency's but for being out and about I'll take what I pre-pack!

Don

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What about the HDR's? [Humanitarian Daily Ration] Anyone tried these?
not that good.. i ate a bunch just because i wanted to try them.. i tried them once was nasty now i normal have lots of food around anyways and it can keep for a long time.. ive eaten a mcdonalds french fry that was 3 years old.. it looked like a normal fry it was in the toy box i was young and heck i ate it and im still around was rock hard though..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts