Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
cleaning crew
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iphone 4s or 5 being announced today. i'm excited. i have a 3gs and would like to upgrade later this year. i hope it's like the mac rumors, looks quite nice.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/10/this-could-be-what-apples-iphone-5-looks-like/

i wouldn't say i'm an apple fan, but i do admit their products have great aesthetics. i wonder how that will change now that steve jobs is stepping aside.

anyway, discuss away.

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
iphone 4s or 5 being announced today. i'm excited. i have a 3gs and would like to upgrade later this year. i hope it's like the mac rumors, looks quite nice.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/10/this-could-be-what-apples-iphone-5-looks-like/

i wouldn't say i'm an apple fan, but i do admit their products have great aesthetics. i wonder how that will change now that steve jobs is stepping aside.

anyway, discuss away.
I think people were really wanting iphone 5. It'll be interesting to see the new iOS5 changes though.

Their products are very nice sleek looking. I went from an older HTC Windows Phone to Iphone 4. So far so good...

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
The upgrade to the iphone4 is nice but not enough to get me to switch back from my Android phone. I do look forward to the Iphone 5 anouncement when it comes out.

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Apple is a company that was founded by Jobs, and all of its really great innovations came at his behest. Jobs/Wozniak invented the Apple 2, the Macintosh was his vision. The company lost its way when he left, and a series of CEOs who had the pedigree on their resumes but didn't know jack about the computer business and innovation were brought on board. They nearly destroyed the company. Jobs came back and we are where we are today. I have no idea what a post Jobs Apple will look like, but it's very likely that it will be more of an evolutionary company than a revolutionary company.

It is good to see the 4s, it shows that Apple is keeping pace with its android competition on the hardware front (the iOS has always been fundamentally superior to the Google OS, just as Mac OS has always been fundamentally superior to Windows and price has always been the reason to choose the inferior product).

I would like to see Apple take major steps forward with its Apple TV product and try and compete with cable and satellite companies using this as a venue to deliver a-la-cart television.

The convenience of cloud (on all fronts) I think is a mask for an increased DRM push and corporate control of content, one that I will opt out of with personal home servers.

The next few years will be interesting. I expect the capabilities of the iPad to expand to the point that the laptop computer essentially dies off.

·
cleaning crew
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve Jobs, you will be missed much. You sincerely put the "i" in innovations!!! thank you and godspeed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts