Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had something kind of interesting and concerning happen to me today. My wife and I went shopping at the closest small town in our area. We live in the boonies on a gravel road off a little traveled county highway. On our way home we saw 2 grey vans parked on the side of the road with a man in a hazmat type suit standing next to it. In one of the fields nearby there were 5 men dressed the same wearing respirators with sprayers on their back walking side by side going over the field spraying the ground cover. I slowed down and asked the man by the road what was going on and he replied nothing to be concerned about and to keep moving. I did. This was about 4 miles from my property and it does concern me. Has anyone seen anything like this? Any ideas or thoughts?

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
OK kidding.

Mosquito control?

where do you live and I will query my CIA contact and see if I can find out anything more.

Reactions: rextex

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
I had something kind of interesting and concerning happen to me today. My wife and I went shopping at the closest small town in our area. We live in the boonies on a gravel road off a little traveled county highway. On our way home we saw 2 grey vans parked on the side of the road with a man in a hazmat type suit standing next to it. In one of the fields nearby there were 5 men dressed the same wearing respirators with sprayers on their back walking side by side going over the field spraying the ground cover. I slowed down and asked the man by the road what was going on and he replied nothing to be concerned about and to keep moving. I did. This was about 4 miles from my property and it does concern me. Has anyone seen anything like this? Any ideas or thoughts?

I'll make a follow up on what the saint said... right now with al ot of flooding there are active mosquito abatement programs being activated early in a lot of areas...
Also, do a local check and see if there have been any pesticide spills in that area over the last say 3 years, because many of the agencies tat follow up on things like that are running about 4 years behind on inspections and clean ups...

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
I know up here in NY, there's some giant hogweed thing that has the DEC all twisted. They're asking people to call in sightings so they can go out and treat the areas to get rid of it. Since it's a state job, I'm sure they have to put on every piece of gear on the truck to spray some weed killer.

Just a guess.

Reactions: rextex

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know up here in NY, there's some giant hogweed thing that has the DEC all twisted. They're asking people to call in sightings so they can go out and treat the areas to get rid of it. Since it's a state job, I'm sure they have to put on every piece of gear on the truck to spray some weed killer.

Just a guess.
Could be never thought of that. Theres been some talk about that here also.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
It might be weed or bug eradication, but it also might have been something toxic that was dumped (meth making materials are nasty)

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Its West Niles season so you'll see allot of spaying of any place that has stagnate water. You'll also see in some places low flying air craft like helicopters or planes doing the same thing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You're on a public road and someone tells you to not be concerned and move on?
I'd definitely be concerned and asking why you can't get an answer if there's nothing to be concerned about? Who was the person who had the authority to tell you to move on?
Time to start taking pictures or getting license numbers at the very least. It doesn't have to be an incident or a confrontation but that answer would cause me major concerns.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
I'd have looked for a Cop at a speed trap and asked him. If it's rural they either know or more likely, are bored enough they'll go check it out.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts