Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Bugged out already
4,955 Posts
Interesting video. I found it odd that none of those missiles hit Alaska or Hawaii. If in reality, those states would be hit.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
60,464 Posts
This 4-minute video mostly looks at the death and injury toll.

PLAN A - YouTube
Interesting. I hope it never reaches that level, but as insane as global leadership is today, I wouldn't be a bit shocked.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting video. I found it odd that none of those missiles hit Alaska or Hawaii. If in reality, those states would be hit.
Yes, I noticed that. I watched that video 15 times last night. Also, that Russia prioritized first pounding western Europe, over U.S.A. and other countries were not hit at all. I was surprised at the fatalities estimate, I expected much-much higher number.

·
reluctant sinner
21,218 Posts
I don't buy it - how do you model insane behavior accurately? If you have more than one nuke you engage them all because you aren't likely going to get a second chance to fire.

Didn't they have a test in a silo and one guy shot the other guy because he refused to launch. Then there was that rusky sub commander that didn't launch either. People in the equation cause issues.

I think the sun will strike first with a Z class CME, at that perhaps the any surviving might be used to finish the job.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Princeton Univ not a target since Woodrow Wilson was school president.

These estimates / guesses on deaths and casualties just scare tactics perhaps for industry making certain countermeasures against incoming stuff.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Princeton Univ not a target since Woodrow Wilson was school president.

These estimates / guesses on deaths and casualties just scare tactics perhaps for industry making certain countermeasures against incoming stuff.
Not really. I did the math once using Hiroshima and Nagasaki casualty rates. Pretty grim. The weapons we and other nuclear powers have at their disposal today make the estimates even more grim.

They are estimates of course. A full scale nuclear exchange hasn't ever happened so guesses are all we have.

Hitting just a few major cities would result in millions of deaths in a nano second friend. That's an undeniable fact. If a 15 kiloton bomb can wipe out 100k people what do you think a weapon yield in the megaton range will do in downtown NYC or LA?

·
"eleutheromaniac"
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Remember Russia has a lot of bomb shelters in most cities. So, stock then up weeks before the first launch. I don't think America has many bomb shelters for non-elite working-class peasants.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Princeton is anti-accessible. No full screen. Had my second cataract removed. Dollar tree readers make only the title part of section legible. Forget about the minuscule small print. I am sure they broke some law or other. Bomb them first.

I didn’t see that China or North Korea join in . I couldn’t see if Israel, India and/or Pakistan fired off anything.

did think it was odd the wait for the USA joining in ( yes, I know our bombers and planes in Europe were active, but should figure they’d just be spear point).

doesn’t seem to be any missile bases or subs being taken out before firing their missiles, or any of the bombers.

·
4,878 Posts
Remember Russia has a lot of bomb shelters in most cities. So, stock then up weeks before the first launch. I don't think America has many bomb shelters for non-elite working-class peasants.
If they do stock their shelters do you think it would be any better than the food they provided their troops in Ukraine? Grossly out of date and not enough of it? They would probably starve and be forced out trying to scavenge provisions.

·
4,878 Posts
Princeton is anti-accessible. No full screen. Had my second cataract removed. Dollar tree readers make only the title part of section legible. Forget about the minuscule small print. I am sure they broke some law or other. Bomb them first.

I didn’t see that China or North Korea join in . I couldn’t see if Israel, India and/or Pakistan fired off anything.

did think it was odd the wait for the USA joining in ( yes, I know our bombers and planes in Europe were active, but should figure they’d just be spear point).

doesn’t seem to be any missile bases or subs being taken out before firing their missiles, or any of the bombers.
You probably didn't notice under the circumstances but the demonstration said "NATO" fired our missiles, what happened to the Nuclear Football!?

·
4,878 Posts
Something I noticed, they didn't try to take into account Anti Missile Defense. Now I realize the most effective has to happen right after launch before ICBMs acquire most of their velocity. Also something else I've wondered, and this is totally speculation on my part, but what if Russia's nuclear weapons haven't received anymore routine maintenance/upkeep than the rest of their weapon systems in which a large majority of them might not even work!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts