Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Thread Killer
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the bank yesterday to get some cash. I went through the drive-thru ATM and as I pulled up to it, something I had never noticed before jumped out at me. The machine itself is made by DIEBOLD. I'm going to start paying more attention to ATM's and see if they are all manufactured by them.

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
Yep. I was surprised when I saw the first on here. I have to say that the ATMs are actually pretty well designed. The card input is lit to prevent skimmers from being attached. The only thing I dislike is the pin pad guard is not easy for the user to check for a camera.

PrairieGirl, Diebold, now Premier Election Solutions, manufactures voting machines. They have had a long series of problems with the machines not working properly.

I am not too worried about the Diebold ATMs because my transactions are all logged in my account so I can verify everything. I can also get a printed receipt. The voting machines do not make paper records and, for obvious reasons, my vote is not linked to my identity. (yet)

·
Thread Killer
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not so concerned with them not working properly, more the possible ability for them to shut the ATM's down at any given moment since we already know the influence over the company. Kind of goes along with some of the other concerns floating around here.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Are there any other kinds? They are all diebold from what I can see so far.

·
Registered
784 Posts
:rolleyes: Diebold has been making equipment for banks for 150 years, and ATMs for at least 30 years. Of course, you believe that they have been working toward the NAU for at least that long.:rofl:
Actually, Budg, I don't believe in the NAU. I think we are secretly controlled by the combined power of the brains of FDR, Stalin, Churchill, Hirohito, Hitler and Mussolini. There brains have been kept frozen in Area 51 and, when a decison needs to be made, the current head of the IMF goes there, farts through a tube, and a computer translates the ripples in the combined brains into English. :D:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Stopped by the bank yesterday to get some cash. I went through the drive-thru ATM and as I pulled up to it, something I had never noticed before jumped out at me. The machine itself is made by DIEBOLD. I'm going to start paying more attention to ATM's and see if they are all manufactured by them.
most of them that I have seen are

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
actually it could be a good thing -or - a bad thing---- if it adds/subtracts money like it does votes,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.