Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had kind of a fun day yesterday.

So I planned to hike to a remote lake, which is very difficult to find and catch some grayling, if they were even still in the lake.

On the way in, saw a smaller bear scraping a dead tree trunk for goodies inside. I whistled a couple times, and thought he was running away, but he was in fact winding back closer to the trail, at which point he finally saw me and ran up a tree, then comically slid down it and ran away. Poor guy, I felt bad.

Then I stumbled into a bull moose, who refused to move a muscle, as they often do. Thankfully he was a few feet off the trail. Pictures of his body didn't turn out well.

Finally after several hours and a crazy slope, I found the lake. There were grayling in it and the water was the clearest I've ever seen. The fish would basically hit on every cast, sometimes with several fish competing for the bait.

I made the mistake of hiking all the way back out on the same day, but at least I got to see a cow and calf moose on the way. I thought the cow was really cool looking, they can vary so much in shape and color (different blacks and browns).

Anyway, it was a hard day, but I thought the pictures might be fun for others to enjoy. :)

·
angel waiting
4,071 Posts
Nice pics but I hope you were using the zoom lens on the camera because if you weren't you were way too close to the bull moose and the bear. Good for you though.

·
Banned
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice pics but I hope you were using the zoom lens on the camera because if you weren't you were way too close to the bull moose and the bear. Good for you though.
Well the bear was being silly, but ya I often end up close to them...and the moose like to hang out right next to the path, but it's thick cover, so sometimes you can't even see them till you're past them. They're goofy yet sneaky. And big.

·
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
501 Posts
Wonderful. I am a semi-amateur photographer and enjoy both landscape and animals. You've got some good photos and I can relate as i see deer playing and eating right outside my house nearly everyday. I'll try and post some soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.