Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I had to run to the grocery for a few things, and I was shocked to see many of the shelves were empty. Most of the bread, bottled water, lunchmeat, chicken, hamburger, pop, and junk food was gone, as was much of the deli stuff. As I checked out, I asked the cashier what was going on, why the store was so empty. She and the bag boy started talking about how all weekend, the food stamp and SSI recipients had literally been cleaning out the store, getting up to $500 worth of groceries at a time. They told me about one customer, a woman with a bunch of kids, who bought over $500 of food and still had about $1500 left on her food stamp card. (I guess for the month?)The cashier then noted that the only people buying less than $100 were people paying with cash or debit.

This makes me wonder. . .are the people waking up? Are the welfare folks stocking up too? I've been to the grocery many times right after "payday" and it's never been this empty. Maybe they're just celebrating the election. I don't know. But I've never noticed the welfare folks buying up the bottled water. Junk food and pop, yes. Meat and water, no.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
you know i commented on this to kathy. we were at a fareway "grocery store" we were getting some more stuff to stock up on and we passed a couple. the girl was about 22 or so and her b/f was around the same age they were pushing a cart with a 2 yr old boy in it. as we passed them they were talkin about pickin up a ship load of little debbie snacks. there cart was filled with about 15 two liter bottles of pop, chips and other junk.
not a good thing in the cart to drink or eat. the girl said that her ebt card got recharged just that day and was giddy about how much she got. later on we ended up behind them at the checkout counter there total was 650 dollars. crazy i know.

·
How's it with stains?
283 Posts
you know i commented on this to kathy. we were at a fareway "grocery store" we were getting some more stuff to stock up on and we passed a couple. the girl was about 22 or so and her b/f was around the same age they were pushing a cart with a 2 yr old boy in it. as we passed them they were talkin about pickin up a ship load of little debbie snacks. there cart was filled with about 15 two liter bottles of pop, chips and other junk.
not a good thing in the cart to drink or eat. the girl said that her ebt card got recharged just that day and was giddy about how much she got. later on we ended up behind them at the checkout counter there total was 650 dollars. crazy i know.
I don't mean to sound hateful but at least their lack of good sense towards nutrition will eliminate their ability to thrive!! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,558 Posts
the girl said that her ebt card got recharged just that day and was giddy about how much she got.
This part makes me wonder if part of the bail-out crap didn't give an increase to welfare recipients... ???

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
well i know a welfare family and know they get 435.00 for one month. this is for a mother father and child family.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
It will grow up to be just like the parents........dumb

Reactions: Brother Buck

·
Will let you beg for food
793 Posts
$650!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Holy crap batman....That is what I spend over 3 months and we eat pretty good around here...and I manage to stock up preps too? And of course they can eat junk food with that money...they are getting the turkey and fixings from the church. That really burns me. Perhaps, if the government was wise they would restrict what people could buy. You want cookies? You don't get to buy them but you can buy flour, sugar etc. Make them, you are sitting on your lardy backside all day. ooooooh stuff like that makes me mad.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$650!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Holy crap batman....That is what I spend over 3 months and we eat pretty good around here...and I manage to stock up preps too? And of course they can eat junk food with that money...they are getting the turkey and fixings from the church. That really burns me. Perhaps, if the government was wise they would restrict what people could buy. You want cookies? You don't get to buy them but you can buy flour, sugar etc. Make them, you are sitting on your lardy backside all day. ooooooh stuff like that makes me mad.
I know what you mean. We're the ones paying for this, yet we can't afford to eat that well! On the way home, I told dh we were in the wrong business. I said if we divorced and I had a pack of kids by a bunch of different men, we'd be rich! :mad:I can't immagine spending that amount for a MONTH'S worth of food, much less one WEEK'S worth.

I agree with you preparedmama. Restrict the items to staples, vegetables, protein, and milk and let's see how much money the gov't starts saving.

·
Banned
152 Posts
That must be a nice state to be on welfare, I knew someone here who wa son food stamps about 2 or 3 years ago. They got $80 a month for two of them.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
some states go by housing costs, how much you make *if anything*, kids, criminal record. (criminals actually get more because its assumed they have strikes against them in the job market anyway. When I lived in Missouri, absolutely everyone I knew was on welfare, almost an entire town was out of work or made beans, even the meth dealers

·
HOPE4BEST&PREP4WORST
493 Posts
I went shopping on the first day of the month a few times and was shocked by the number of people shopping, I also noticed that the shoppers weren't the usual shoppers because they were predominantly african-american and most of them were shopping in packs pushing two or three baskets. Now I had no idea at the time why that was happening, but I mentioned it to my mom and she said that the EBT cards get filled the first of the month. She also said that sometimes they will offer shop with you and pay with EBT and you give them half of the amount in cash. I think that if the Government wised up and offered half cash or check for the EBT benifits they would not only be surprised at how many fools would take the cash they would also save us some tax payer money. I know that not all people are cheats but there are a lot of welfare cheats out there.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
in iowa the ebt cards get filled on the 5th of every month and yeah if you have 50 bucks but need 100 bucks for food go on the 5th cause theres takers there waiting to go shopping for you. seen it happen first hand.

·
Does not play well
1,511 Posts
in iowa the ebt cards get filled on the 5th of every month and yeah if you have 50 bucks but need 100 bucks for food go on the 5th cause theres takers there waiting to go shopping for you. seen it happen first hand.
That type of fraud disgusts me. It is what gives welfare and those on it a bad name. It is not a bad thing to give a person down and out a hand (not a handout) to help them up, but by the fifth generation it is time to stop the bleeding.

If all those that were able bodied or able minded were working our tax rates would be less than half and our standard of living would be doubled(for EVERY American).

As long as there are free handouts there will be some there with their hands out...

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
mountain man i totally agree. but i see it all the time and it pisses me off aswell but i think by the second gen they get cut off and you wanna suck on the gov.s tit then you have to submit to a drug and alco test once a week cuase if your on welfare thats not where your money should be going and if it is going there then your doing well enough to be off welfare

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
These folks were probably conserving their food stamps in case welfare was taken away from them.

Since B. Hussein Obama is now the President-Elect, they know that "entitlement" benefits will probably increase. Thus, they are going hog-wild in jubilation.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Used to be you couldnt save the bennies from month to month, dont know about now that they went to the card system but the first thing they need to do is lock the benefits to what they were when you went on them... have another child? too bad so sad shoulda kept your legs crossed, but if you want we are more than willing to pay to have you STERILIZED...

·
BM2 Hollywood
667 Posts
Hay, lets really get to the point of this. The government is taking your money that YOU have worked hard for and they (the government) is giving it to someone else that hasn't.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Its easy to get mad at the welfare cheats and scabs but you do have to remember the GENUINE people who are trying to get work and are willing to work hard but cant find anything!

Im from the UK but on a visit to America with my school (I was 18) We saw a guy standing by the Motorway (freeway?) with a sign. "Looking for any work, God bless you!"

Tjis guy wasn't sittin on his ass doing nothing, he was out looking for work to support himself and probally his family.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts