Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Major League Infidel
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the scoop with this brand of AK? are the decent? I haven't owned anything from Inter Ordanance before. I can get one right now for $360? Brand new? Is It a good deal? I don't have much experience owning AK's, I'm an AR guy. The price is what caught my eye. I owned an old Romanian Ak about 6 years ago and It was a lemon. It left a bad taste in my mouth, but I want to give the AK another chance. I want honest opinions fellas, I already own an M4 clone. Its decked out with all the goodies, trijicon, rail system, lights, ect. I'd like another doublestar but its nearly twice what this AK is. I already own 30+ Ar mags, and have a second Rail system, 2k+ rounds. Would it be wise to expand to another caliber or, just gat another M4?

If I went the AK route, what do typical mags, and rail systems cost?

AK $360
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=56988

Double Star M4 $669
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/753/products_id/411537957

·
Firearm Enthusiast
367 Posts
The general consensus is that Inter-Ordnance is junk. They make big claims and their products don't live up to the hype. G&A Book of the AK-47 wrote a gleaming review, but nobody listens to what most of those authors say.

Most guys would gladly take a WASR over an AK47-C. The WASR's are completely functional, though the mag well cuts are sometimes sloppy. They're not as accurate as some of the higher end AK's, but they're decent. I've heard of AK47-C's jamming on numerous occasions.

·
zombie response team
3,188 Posts
I own one and have had zero problems with it. Probably put 1K rounds through it. It was recomended to me by a former Army Armorer. It is his AK of choice.
from what ive read they are a romanian parts gun like the wasrs but with a different reciever which would be fine with me cuz it has the demples in the mag well, but i wouldnt buy one just cuz of the demples.

·
Major League Infidel
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the extra 200 bux for the double star is the way i would go, dont be discouraged by the price, heard many great things bout double star
I already have a double star M4. Its a great rifle. I just saw the price of the AK and was pondering the thought of purchasing one. On second thought, I might as well just buy a second Double Star M4, As I already have a lifetime supply of Mags, and a brand new Knights Armorment Rail system for it. That leaves me with one MBR caliber to supply... I guess that just simplifies things logistially.

·
zombie response team
3,188 Posts
I already have a double star M4. Its a great rifle. I just saw the price of the AK and was pondering the thought of purchasing one. On second thought, I might as well just buy a second Double Star M4, As I already have a lifetime supply of Mags, and a brand new Knights Armorment Rail system for it. That leaves me with one MBR caliber to supply... I guess that just simplifies things logistially.
why not just buy another upper? save sum $ both ways

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe it's a good idea to reduce the number of calibers and magazine types you stock and maintain.

This makes it easier for the whole family to keep track of which bullets go in which magazines that go in which guns. Saves a lot of time and hassle, especially in a fast bug-out or sudden home defense.

Simplicity frees up mind energy for other problems or profit ventures.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
390 Posts
I have an I.O. Ak47, Its a newer 1 made COMPLETELY right here in the USA with all in house made products, I've put alot of ammo through it since March when I got mine with zero issues, Its got a nice tight mag well so no wobble, I did have to file down my Tapco mags so the mag would catch but thats about it,

·
zombie response team
3,188 Posts
I have an I.O. Ak47, Its a newer 1 made COMPLETELY right here in the USA with all in house made products, I've put alot of ammo through it since March when I got mine with zero issues, Its got a nice tight mag well so no wobble, I did have to file down my Tapco mags so the mag would catch but thats about it,
i sure have been lookin at em close, sure is cheaper than an arsenal ak, but its not gonna be an arsenal ak either

·
смерть н
3,823 Posts
I bought a Saiga and converted it myself. It's a hell'va shooter. Great gun for the money.

HH54r

Reactions: MikeK

·
смерть н
3,823 Posts
You bet

always wanted to do that, just cuz i want a real russian AK. hell they are even made by izzy, they go back a long way, back to the old mosin nagants at least.
From the records I have, I would wage that several millon rifles have been made there.

HH54r

·
zombie response team
3,188 Posts
From the records I have, I would wage that several millon rifles have been made there.

HH54r
thats what i've heard, though the only thing keeping me from the saiga is an arsenal bulgarian AK. arsenal does saiga conversions too, but hell u can get the kit for like 100bux right? i have seen vids on what to do. doesnt seem very complicated, and it gives u an excuse to gun-kote it after u are done, with all the bare metal round the trigger guard:thumb:

·
смерть н
3,823 Posts
Very Easy

thats what i've heard, though the only thing keeping me from the saiga is an arsenal bulgarian AK. arsenal does saiga conversions too, but hell u can get the kit for like 100bux right? i have seen vids on what to do. doesnt seem very complicated, and it gives u an excuse to gun-kote it after u are done, with all the bare metal round the trigger guard:thumb:
Yeah,
I took my time, it was about two hours. I use some blacking compound from Brownells to get that part done. Turned out great.

I enjoy shooting the rifle much better now. I am currently working on getting rid of the pesky mag issue. Want to go steel all the way. I do like the Arsenal Bulgy though. They do make some very nice rifles. :D:

HH54r

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.