1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Banned
6,367 Posts
It's says the link is not authorized by Yahoo,do you have another?
Indiana is under a heat advisory 95+ with real high humidity
Thanks,Bob

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In these kinds of temps staying hydrated is very important....very. If outside keep the fluids rolling to the tune of at least a quart every hour. Even if you don't feel thirsty...drink it.

·
angel waiting
4,071 Posts
Here in NY if we don't get some rain some I fear the farmers are going to lose some crops the poor corn is all light colored and the leaves are curled. We already had to water our garden thank God for the pond. Our landscaping company only mowed 5 out of 52 lawns this week even though I enjoyed the little bit of time off we had I would really like to see it rain.

·
Registered
986 Posts
same here methemom. Heard on the radio tonight 112 with the heat index tomarrow, no end in sight for the rest of the week. Watch the farm report this morning and they are predicting the heat to stay thru the end of next month and no chances for rain. I don't like seeing predictions that far out, not very accurate in my oppinion, anything can change in that amount of time. But yeah I dont expect it to cool off until late september

·
Registered
650 Posts
Here in New Mexico it's hot, but we expect it to be hot in July. We're also used to dry weather, but this year has been declared officially the driest since they started keeping records in the 1890s. That means this year has been drier than any year including the dustbowl years of the Depression. Farmers here depend on snow runoff from the mountains for irrigation and there was little snow this last winter and not much prospect for any next winter. This could turn into a historic drought. I always hate to hear weather people use the word "historic."

·
Registered
798 Posts
Its 95 here with almost 100% humidity... The air is so thick its hard to breathe. Definitly some weird weather the last few years. Stay cool everyone.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Here in SC Kansas, we have had four days so far this month that didn't hit 100* actual temperature. The heat index was over 100 for every day this month I think. We saw a few drops of rain early last week . . . but literally, only a few drops. Last decent rain we got was July 3, which I was very grateful for, since our house was at the time surrounded with 300 acres of cut wheat and I was worried we'd have to cancel the fireworks show.

According to Weatherbug on my phone, here's the forecast for the next 6 days:

Monday: 103
Tuesday: 103
Wednesday: 108
Thursday: 108
Friday: 107
Saturday: 104

Heat streaks like this aren't too unusual in July/August, but it was like this most of June too. Hottest, driest summer I can remember.

·
Learning
1,188 Posts
The really weird thing, it's relatively cool in Las Vegas for us this year. Now I say relatively because today it was 102 and my daughter and I cut our range day short because honestly, it was too hot. But the weather this time last year, and on average, is 110+ for the Vegas area so go figure.

It always amazes me when people say 100 degrees is "cool" for this time of year but if you look at the numbers, it is.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts