Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently came up with an easy way to carry sewing needles and thread with me and all you need is a bic round stic ink pen. whay i did was i pulled the inkwell out of the pen housing and taped the end of sewing thread onto the inkwell, then placed the pen tip into a drill and spun as much thread as i wanted onto it (to within reason so you can put the pen back together). Taped the other end down and slid the sewing needles in the thread and put the pen back together! i also did the same thing with fishing line but trimmed the inkwell down a touch so that i could carry a few split shots in there as well. i already have hooks securely in my wallet so i will always be ready for fishing. If anyone ever saw the pens they would never know you are carrying a fishing kit and sewing kit with you. Hope this helps everyone out.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Good idea. In the olden days ladies often had little acorn shaped containers which carried basic sewing kits. Do be careful which pen you use, as needles can go through most soft plastics.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you are welcome!! purdy bear thats why after i wrapped the thread around the inkwell with the drill i slid the needle between the inkwell and the thread so its not floating around in there so less of a chance for it to poke through.

·
10,548 Posts
That's a great Idea. I have a Bic Pen that I wrapped a smallish peice of Paper around the Ink Tube. That way I will never have a Pen with no Paper.:thumb:

·
Believe in Yourself
4,495 Posts
That's a great Idea. I have a Bic Pen that I wrapped a smallish peice of Paper around the Ink Tube. That way I will never have a Pen with no Paper.:thumb:
I just love this site!
Way to go guys n gals using the old noodle :thumb::thumb::thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts